Horizon Questions

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I am currently in the right seat building 121 time flying the CRJ. I ultimately would like to go to Horizon for the QOL and being from Portland. ...commuting is getting old!

My question is when should I send in my application and what is the hiring looking like in the relative future. My problem is I was hired at my current company with low time and don't meet Horizon's minimums yet. I'm sitting around 700hrs tt, 350hrs in the RJ. Should I wait untill I have 1000tt or do I have any chance of getting an interview with less without being a UND grad? I know I'm only a few months away from having the minimums anyway, but I am eager to fly back at home. I've also heard of guys applying with far more than the posted minimums and not even getting an interview. Also, I have someone to walk in my resume if that helps. Thanks for any advice!
Quote: I am currently in the right seat building 121 time flying the CRJ. I ultimately would like to go to Horizon for the QOL and being from Portland. ...commuting is getting old!

My question is when should I send in my application and what is the hiring looking like in the relative future. My problem is I was hired at my current company with low time and don't meet Horizon's minimums yet. I'm sitting around 700hrs tt, 350hrs in the RJ. Should I wait untill I have 1000tt or do I have any chance of getting an interview with less without being a UND grad? I know I'm only a few months away from having the minimums anyway, but I am eager to fly back at home. I've also heard of guys applying with far more than the posted minimums and not even getting an interview. Also, I have someone to walk in my resume if that helps. Thanks for any advice!
I have no clue as to whether your current life situation allows for it or not, but living in your domicile can make a world of difference, if the problem is the commuting.
How did you get into an RJ with 350 hours? Gulfstream?
sounds like pft to me, maybe jet university?!
MAPD PACE program. ...sounded good at the time.
If you don't mind me asking - what are your monthly loan payments?

I'm trying to come up with a comparison to ATPs training program.

Thanks,
LAFF
Quote: I have no clue as to whether your current life situation allows for it or not, but living in your domicile can make a world of difference, if the problem is the commuting.
I'm pretty much stuck in the NW being married with the family and all. Her career prevents us from moving out of the area, otherwise we would live in my domicile. I agree, living in base would make a huge difference!

And LAFF, the cost when I went through was around 12k. Your payments would vary depending on if you had any previous student loans, so I'm not much help with that.
Quote: I am currently in the right seat building 121 time flying the CRJ. I ultimately would like to go to Horizon for the QOL and being from Portland. ...commuting is getting old!

Give it a try. You never know what could happen. Right now the hiring plan doesnt show much for new hires but that get updated once a month so who knows what the plan actually is at this point. In the mean time you could be studying for the interview as if you were going to get it.
Horizon is Interviewing UND grads next week. As for outside UND 1000 and 100. If you apply online you are asked a series of questions. If you dont meet the time you are denied.
Quote: Horizon is Interviewing UND grads next week. As for outside UND 1000 and 100. If you apply online you are asked a series of questions. If you dont meet the time you are denied.
Do you know anyone that's applying. Let me know
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to