FedEx Parking (jet drives up to foam bar)

Subscribe
Anyone on this forum have a picture they can post regarding the foam pad suspended from a pole where the jet can drive up to until the front windshield touches the bar??

I have heard these exist only in the Memphis hub.

Thanks!
Quote: Anyone on this forum have a picture they can post regarding the foam pad suspended from a pole where the jet can drive up to until the front windshield touches the bar??

I have heard these exist only in the Memphis hub.

Thanks!
It is a pretty effective Accu-Park system.

I haven't seen one in years.
Boston has one with a little monkey hanging on it…;-)

Z

If I recall, they're scattered around the system. But not many of them. Memphis did/does have a couple of them too…

Z
Quote: anyone on this forum have a picture they can post regarding the foam pad suspended from a pole where the jet can drive up to until the front windshield touches the bar??

I have heard these exist only in the memphis hub.

Thanks!
I believe IAD, EWR, BOS, OAK....? Maybe a few others.

Quote: Boston has one with a little monkey hanging on it…;-)

Z

For the longest time, it used to be that ratty old parrot. Then one day it was gone, then the monkey arrived!
Redneck technology....started life as an old tennis ball in a garage in Germantown
I never understood how that little foam bar could stop a big airplane, but it worked every time.
Back in the day, we just had a ramp worker lie down where the nose wheel was supposed to stop. His name was Chock Norris.