Tricare dropped my family (and me)

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Since DoD is the one doing the billing - maybe they should get the bugs in the system worked out.
My billing is through the contractor that manages TRS. Do you get payroll deducted?
Quote: My billing is through the contractor that manages TRS. Do you get payroll deducted?
No - mine is paid through EFT out of my bank account.
I assumed that my billing was handled by Humana South too, until the CSR kept talking about the DoD/DFAS doing this and doing that - and I stopped her and asked her what the DoD had to do with my EFTs since I did NOT have a retired payroll deduction; that is when I was informed that the DoD handles the billing for Humana South (at least - my region).
Quote: Thanks the input, did not know there was an annual payment option. Might be something to look into. Sorry to hear that, Steve A. Yeah, my biggest concern is something happens to my family while I'm deployed.

I am pretty sure I'm going to up channel this complaint. No person, no veteran, and especially no deployed veteran should be treated this way. Unbelievable!! I hope other Tricare beneficiaries will up channel their problems, too.
I have to think this is a pretty hot issue for Congress. Have you notified your Rep and Senators? At the very least, they can write a letter that might get a response.
Quote: I have to think this is a pretty hot issue for Congress. Have you notified your Rep and Senators? At the very least, they can write a letter that might get a response.
Yeah, I'm going to be writing my reps and Senators. I will enclose a copy of the disenrollment letter, too. Not sure who else to contact at this point, but I'm still thinking.

To the group; you are all welcome. I'm glad I could be of some help. I've been helped many times on the forums, and always look to paying it forward.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to