Delta Record 3 Qtr Profit

Subscribe
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 
Page 17 of 19
Go to
Quote: So we really only got 2, 6, 1, 1?

And Richard would easily give you (and me, and anyone else) a hard cap on 50 seaters, because he wants them ALL GONE! They have expired!
No, you got 2,8,3,3. Come on Timbo that's basic accounting.
Quote: No, you got 2,8,3,3. Come on Timbo that's basic accounting.
I believe the reduction in profit sharing is still applicable EVERY year, not just the first year. But you are right in that I did it twice in the first year, so it was more like 4,6.5, 1,1.

So I guess those MEC and NEG Com guys I spoke with prior to the vote were correct, due to profit sharing reductions, we never did see those 3% raises...
The profit sharing loss of 5% was offset by the 2% increase in pay. If you are going to count the 5% loss in profit sharing every year then you have to count the 2% increase in pay each year on the other side of the equation.

The actual increases are 4,6.5,3,3. Not nearly enough!

Denny
Quote: The profit sharing loss of 5% was offset by the 2% increase in pay. If you are going to count the 5% loss in profit sharing every year then you have to count the 2% increase in pay each year on the other side of the equation.

The actual increases are 4,6.5,3,3. Not nearly enough!

Denny
Denny, how do those numbers look when you subtract out 3% per year for inflation?
Funny how its "they(ALPA)" when its something deemed a loss and "WE" when its thought to be a win. No matter what, WE voted and OUR team of pilots said "YES". I don't get credit for voting no, MY team said yes.....so it's yes now for me too.

If we want better lets remember to educate our self proclaimed expert pilots on what a WIN is next time. ALPA can "spin" as get slung over and over, all they want. WE are highly educated and should be unaffected by trickery and vote based on our feelings on the facts. Win or lose we are all wearing the same jersey.
Sorry rant over.
Quote: That's quite a stretch -- both that you claim to know the survey results, and that you know that this direction was not given to the NC by our reps.
Like I said earlier Alan, you can be the spokesman for the thesis that Delta pilots led the way for allowing 70 additional 76 seat RJ's to fly Delta passengers with non-Delta pilots...and we did that by so indicating on our surveys. Good luck with that.

Quote: As I said, my reps told me that RA came to them with a plan to reduce 50-seaters and buy 717s, and wanted more 76-seaters. The MEC directed the NC to agree to more 76-seaters in conjunction with a full Section 6 negotiation that would include guarantees on the 717s and hard caps on 50-seaters and overall DCI flying.
My reps said differently. The pilots survey did not ask for more 76 seat RJ's. Thus it was not part of their direction to the NC. It was agreed to as guidance later when it became clear that this is what management wanted. It's what ALPA wanted as well. Why? Because of meet and confer in my opinion...because Delta pilots sure never asked for it.

Carl
Carls logic is sound. It may or may not be correct, but it is sound.
Quote: Carls logic is sound.
It usually is. That's why the DALPA aficionados hate him so much.
Quote: So we really only got 2, 6, 1, 1?
No, we really only got 4, 6.5, 3, and 3.

Quote: And Richard would easily give you (and me, and anyone else) a hard cap on 50 seaters, because he wants them ALL GONE! They have expired!
Maybe so. But Carl was saying that there's a chance that fuel could come down, thereby making the 50-seaters feasible again. Under C2012, that will not be an option.
Quote: Not in anywhere close to the same numbers, thanks to the caps put in place in C2012.
Caps are almost worthless here because of our union's history of negotiating them away if management needs them gone.

Quote: In exchange for more a greater hard minimum covering all Pacific flying.
Yes, DALPA negotiates away hard caps for more hard caps. The difference between us is that given this reality, you still value hard caps.

Quote: We have a minimum in our Atlantic JV. MD has made in each road show that I have attended that a grievance will be filed as soon as the cure period is over. I share your desire for more adamant and public statements on the matter.
DALPA will either negotiate it away or purposely lose the grievance. Guaranteed.

Carl
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 
Page 17 of 19
Go to