FO Sun Air Express

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Any idea on FO training with Sun Air Express ?
Don't pay to fly. You pay 10,000 for your own training. Also you have to pay for all of your expenses during training.
Quote: Any idea on FO training with Sun Air Express ?
I wanted to go here since it was local (Pit), but I can not afford to get hired there.

As a FO, you will be making $12 per flight hour, with no guaranteed pay per month. Now they did say between 65-100hrs a month is what you should expect, but that still only gives you ~$9,400-$14,400 for the year.

Oh, and that $10,000 training contract (previously was $20,000 but I guess they must had had no responses) is not paid back over time. Training is 3-4 weeks and the price includes nothing. You must pay for your own hotel room for the month and feed yourself as well as transport yourself to training, from training and while at training. And training is not paid either....
Quote: I wanted to go here since it was local (Pit), but I can not afford to get hired there.

As a FO, you will be making $12 per flight hour, with no guaranteed pay per month. Now they did say between 65-100hrs a month is what you should expect, but that still only gives you ~$9,400-$14,400 for the year.

Oh, and that $10,000 training contract (previously was $20,000 but I guess they must had had no responses) is not paid back over time. Training is 3-4 weeks and the price includes nothing. You must pay for your own hotel room for the month and feed yourself as well as transport yourself to training, from training and while at training. And training is not paid either....
In today's hiring environment???
A fool and his money are easily parted...
Anyone know anythng else about this OP. I would be applying for a PIC captain position.
Quote: Anyone know anythng else about this OP. I would be applying for a PIC captain position.
Captain at SunExpress? The job posting for this does not sound that bad. They are only hiring ATP's as captains and 50K salary starting out plus $40/hr after 65hrs a month.

No training costs as the FO's seem to be paying for all the crews... but it is still not paid training and you have the expenses of being at training still, but at least you get a $1,500 bonus upon training completion.

Its actually quite annoying how well the Captains are being paid, yet the FO's have to pay to fly and they will probably be doing all the ground work like loading bags and such.
Is this thread even worth talking about?
Quote: Is this thread even worth talking about?
I can't believe that this was even posted. Only the truly desperate would consider this trash heap.
Quote: Captain at SunExpress? The job posting for this does not sound that bad. They are only hiring ATP's as captains and 50K salary starting out plus $40/hr after 65hrs a month.

No training costs as the FO's seem to be paying for all the crews... but it is still not paid training and you have the expenses of being at training still, but at least you get a $1,500 bonus upon training completion.

Its actually quite annoying how well the Captains are being paid, yet the FO's have to pay to fly and they will probably be doing all the ground work like loading bags and such.
Don't do it. The bonus has not been paid to any class yet. The schedule is really 6 on and 1 off. NO health care benefits. ZERO. You buy your own uniform. Short term contract.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to