FDX involuntary conversion

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
So how is the inverse seniority implemented?

Is it the most junior people in their respective reserve period, i.e., RB or RSV, or the overall most junior reserves (probably RA holders) and work up?

Also, do they convert in reverse seniority order and assign trips on Christmas Eve and Christmas to those who originally had those days off, or are the trips assigned to pilots who already have a reserve period on those days?

Thanks.
Quote: So how is the inverse seniority implemented?

Is it the most junior people in their respective reserve period, i.e., RB or RSV, or the overall most junior reserves (probably RA holders) and work up?
The contract make no mention of specific reserve periods. It just says they do it in inverse seniority. So, if they're converting 10 pilots involuntarily, it sounds like they pick the bottom 10 reserves - period. Once they have the 10, they build their schedules in seniority order.

If you get all flying in your new line, it doesn't seem like whatever R period you used to have would be a factor. If they give you a mix of trips and R-days, it would make sense that they give you back the same type of R you had on your original line, but the CBA doesn't specifically address that.

Quote: Also, do they convert in reverse seniority order and assign trips on Christmas Eve and Christmas to those who originally had those days off, or are the trips assigned to pilots who already have a reserve period on those days?

Thanks.
The only pilots who will be guaranteed to have any trips they are assigned fall on their R-day footprint are those who check "yes" and volunteer to be converted. For those who check "no" and are involuntarily converted, there is no requirement to honor those original days off.

I guess, it's possible to volunteer for conversion and then not actually have it done to you because of the days off you protect on your worksheet. If they are unable to cover trips with the conversion volunteers because of protected days off, their only option would involuntarily convert others in order to cover those trips.
Was involuntarily converted about 3 years ago in Dec. No input and they built the new lines after the VTOs and started with the most senior pilot that was converted. Guess what--they assigned the Christmas trips first to the most senior guys on the list. I had 21-27Dec off on my Reserve line and was assigned a trip from 21Dec-31Dec. The most junior guy on the list got Christmas off with a 72 hr layover in HKG during New Year's.. Nice. Ain't seniority great!
Cough, cough, conversion, cough, cough
If I am able to knock out a string of R days with recurrent training, can they involuntarily convert me and put those days back in?
Quote: If I am able to knock out a string of R days with recurrent training, can they involuntarily convert me and put those days back in?
If you knock out R days with training the credit hours are available for CIA (carry-in adjustment). You can choose to use those hours +6 for CIA prior to secondary lines being built. You can choose trips that do not conflict with anything else you have in the month.

If they do an involuntary conversion of your remaining R days - they can put trips that do not conflict with any other assignment where they want!
Quote: If you knock out R days with training the credit hours are available for CIA (carry-in adjustment). You can choose to use those hours +6 for CIA prior to secondary lines being built. You can choose trips that do not conflict with anything else you have in the month.

If they do an involuntary conversion of your remaining R days - they can put trips that do not conflict with any other assignment where they want!
Thank you!
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to