Military Instrument Hour Logging

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
I have all of my mil and civilian time in one digital logbook.

The mil entries and time match as closely as possible to my AFORMS time -- no conversions/additions/changes if I can help it. The airlines generally understand the differences in time-keeping, so mil flights get logged by mil rules, civilian flights get logged by FAA rules. Simple.
Quote: Well past that, I merged a long time ago, and I like it, for posterity mostly, just trying to iron out minor things. I prefer it all in one place

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
What do you fly in the military?
Quote: What do you fly in the military?
A single seat jet.

Quote: A single seat jet.

Same. Good luck
Quote: A single seat jet.
Must be a Special Ops Fighter Pilot background.
Quote: Must be a Special Ops Fighter Pilot background.
It's GS14 classified....

My paltry attempt to remain anonymous.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
I used the separate method-- mil time from flight record printouts and civ time in log books...no problem.
However, for those wanting to get more hours credit for mil time without using a conversion factor, any problems just keeping a logbook on your own for mil time and log flights civilian style chock-to-chock? Seems more accurate than just adding some percent, and would help the fighter types for sure.
I have my HARM add my total civilian time to ARMS so it's included in my total time on my IDS. Since I haven't been flying much civilian since I got in the military, it doesn't change very often.
Quote: However, for those wanting to get more hours credit for mil time without using a conversion factor, any problems just keeping a logbook on your own for mil time and log flights civilian style chock-to-chock? Seems more accurate than just adding some percent, and would help the fighter types for sure.
This is legal. However, it must have been kept and updated at the same time as the mil log book. You can't go back and backdate anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to