Confused? First Class

Subscribe
I have a first class medical certification issued by special issuance. Date was 05/2014. Condition Noted: "Not valid for any class after 05/2015". ( I have to get some lab tests done every year to prove good health)
However: If I go for an interview next month (7 months from issue) can I say that I have a First Class Certificate? I am 50. I have not flown since obtaining the medical certificate.
Interview will be at a Regional.
Thanks...
Confused? First Class
I would say no.
Yes

Sent from my Googled out iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, You have a first class medical, just disclose it as such. It is a special issue that is not valid for any class after 12mo from issue. Yes you can get hired with it and there are many out there in the same situation.
Most regionals and majors don't care if its a special issue as long as its a first class and that's straight from a former AirTran HR rep. Corporate departments may be a little more difficult to hire into tho.
Quote: I would say no.
Why do you say that?
Quote: Why do you say that?
Isnt a 1st class for a 50yr old only good for 6 months?
Quote: Isnt a 1st class for a 50yr old only good for 6 months?
Yes, he has to have a physical every 6mos, you are correct. my bad. Whatever extra testing he has to have is done annually. pretty sure he will have to have an ekg at least after 6mos.
Confused? First Class
Quote: Isnt a 1st class for a 50yr old only good for 6 months?

That's correct. At that point it essentially becomes a 2nd class, good for another 6 months (1 yr from issuance).

Just because the piece of paper says first class, doesn't mean that is the current validity/status of that medical.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...eral/validity/

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx...#se14.2.61_123
Ok. So I think I'll just go to my AME and get the First Class exam again. I am not sure how it would look on the interview to say that I have a First Class Certificate, but only with Second Class privileges. Not sure if that would be a big deal or not???
Quote: Ok. So I think I'll just go to my AME and get the First Class exam again. I am not sure how it would look on the interview to say that I have a First Class Certificate, but only with Second Class privileges. Not sure if that would be a big deal or not???
I def would