United 787 question

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Lambourne-Why are you so sensitive about scabs on the 787? A little Stockholm syndrome maybe? I guess if all you know is from flying with those scumbags, you forget what they did.
Quote: Lambourne-Why are you so sensitive about scabs on the 787? A little Stockholm syndrome maybe? I guess if all you know is from flying with those scumbags, you forget what they did.
Where on earth did you get the impression I like scabs? No love for them. However, the nickname Scabcab will quickly disappear as soon as the first L-UA pilot hits the line in the thing (by the way I am L-UA). My beef are the large number of hypocrites that like to picture themselves as the standard bearer of all the right things in the eyes of ALPA, yet they will sell their soul for an hour of add pay.
The 787 is a nice bird. It is fast, it flys high, and it is obviously new. The electric brakes tend to overheat after a long taxi in to the gate. The transition to the 787 is a short course from the 777. Can't say if I notice a difference in cockpit climate conditions. You can't open the cockpit windows. There is a hatch in the ceiling like the whale for the cockpit emergency exit. The bunk facilities are better as they are located over the first class cabin and seem to be more quiet. I flew the 777 for over 10 years, and truthfully I still like it better.
Quote: Great info...thanx.

Rocky - That sounds about like the same fence I'll face staying here independently...hmmm...i'm ok with that. Enjoy your Beijing layovers and I'll enjoy my Kona 2-days. Cheers good buddy.
BIG SHOT!!!!
Oooooooohhhhh, Kona layovers??!!!------>Whoa, you got him!

TEN
Quote: BIG SHOT!!!!
Oooooooohhhhh, Kona layovers??!!!------>Whoa, you got him!

TEN
Evidently I'm not a BIG SHOT Ten, afterall, I'll never see a widebody. Like I said, enjoy your Shanghai layover.

Cheers good buddy
Ouch! It is rare to see this much venom over a single set of modest questions. Frankly, I'm having second thoughts about participating (even reading) around here. Is the venom necessary?
It's not the questions, it's the participants. Much history there.
I guess I missed the part in the thread where Pelican was asking about what people thought about the pilots flying the 787. I just saw questions in there about environment and performance.
Quote: It's essentially a 767-200 thats faster and burns 30% less gas.
But it looks so much nicer
Quote: I guess I missed the part in the thread where Pelican was asking about what people thought about the pilots flying the 787. I just saw questions in there about environment and performance.
Well, he did ask about any nuances about it. That does open up a lot of ground.
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to