Airline pilot, #4 stressful job of 2014?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Stress came after retirement...with the short note: This is your last check.. Good luck in the future.
Wait a minute. I thought all I had to do is just push the button and the airplane flew itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I agree. I couldn't imagine a less stressful job. ..just show up and fly airplanes and collect paycheck.

You both obviously don't work at united. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an easy job. Some pilots make it hard.
I have a hard time believing that firefighter is so much more stressful can cop. My brother is a firefighter, several close friends are cops - it ain't no comparison! Not to say that firefighting isn't stressful, but, I mean, c'mon!
Quote: It's an easy job.
You're doing it wrong
Quote: I used to be a fighter crew chief. So far for the past 7 years, flying 121 has been the easiest job ever.
According to the link, military enlisted was the #1 most stressful job.
Quote: I agree. I couldn't imagine a less stressful job. No deadlines, no homework, just show up and fly airplanes and collect paycheck.
I'm guessing that you're 1) a relatively senior Bunkie 2) the infamous 5th grader who penned the essay on "Why I Want To Be A Pilot"
Quote: You both obviously don't work at united.
What? Trouble at the big leagues?
Quote: I agree. I couldn't imagine a less stressful job. No deadlines, no homework, just show up and fly airplanes and collect paycheck.

I don't know if I would call it stressful, and I'm a Delta guy on the 75/76 too...I commute from ORD-DTW and bid 3-4 day trips, mostly domestic, and I'm fine during the trip but when I walk in the door after a 4 day trip....I am wiped out!

I'm 44 years old, I've been here for 15 years, minus the 3 year furlough, and it takes a solid 24 hours at home before I get my energy back. I don't feel stressed out at work, there isn't a risk right now of getting fired or furloughed again, it is a fun job and I enjoy doing what I do....but it has to be taking a toll on us. I'm sure the commute doesn't help but it is a pretty easy commute.

I wouldn't call it a stressful job but a 4 day trip with a red eye on day 4 ending on the 5th morning hands my a$$ to me.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to