"Industry Best Practice"

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10 
Page 10 of 10
Go to
We've always had the power.....just not smart enough to use it.
Quote: You reckon anybody would notice if everyone requested 36C for performance?
Truth be told ... I've requested 36C when the "conga-line" was departing 18C (and I did it on a MEM-ATL Line Check with 2 LCA's in the cockpit). We went to the 36C hold pad and shut down for an hour, after takeoff I entered holding and diverted back to KMEM.

Do you have to get to your destination to "Pass" a Line Check? The 2 Check Airmen did not know? It turns out that a Line Check requires 1 takeoff and 1 landing ... we had that and were blessed to fly until the next Line Check.

I bet you could ask for the longest runway with a headwind on an FAA Check Ride ...
Quote: Truth be told ... I've requested 36C when the "conga-line" was departing 18C (and I did it on a MEM-ATL Line Check with 2 LCA's in the cockpit). We went to the 36C hold pad and shut down for an hour, after takeoff I entered holding and diverted back to KMEM.

Do you have to get to your destination to "Pass" a Line Check? The 2 Check Airmen did not know? It turns out that a Line Check requires 1 takeoff and 1 landing ... we had that and were blessed to fly until the next Line Check.

I bet you could ask for the longest runway with a headwind on an FAA Check Ride ...
Why would you do this?
Quote: We've always had the power.....just not smart enough to use it.

Aint that the truth. Collectively, we are a bunch of idiotic geniuses!
Quote: Aint that the truth. Collectively, we are a bunch of idiotic geniuses!
Not one of us is as dumb as all of us.
6  7  8  9  10 
Page 10 of 10
Go to