Notices

Good perspective from former APA President

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: A330

Originally Posted by texaspilot76 View Post
All you no voters need to read the email that was just sent from the APA president. Maybe it will knock some sense into you.
OK TEX, read it and what the quote below shows me is that doug really wants those concessions now, not negotiated in 2019 if the NO votes win.

...American Airlines CEO Doug Parker did state at a recent crew meeting in Charlotte that the JCBA might remain available to our pilots after the arbitration pending approval by the company’s board of directors, so it’s conceivable we could eventually choose between the JCBA and the arbitrators’ ruling. That’s assuming our board of directors would be willing to reconsider the same deal. I won’t venture a prediction there...
Old 01-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by DCA A321 FO View Post
Voting yes to LOA93 got LUS what? You stupid fu(k.
Sorry Mr. Rogers, I came from the side of US that voted for the mediocre contract that became the best work rules in the industry. You know, the one that made payroll for you.

The east has always painted themselves into a corner such that they really had no choice. Avoiding reality will do that to you.

So realize that the injunction, the endless court drama, the abandonment of union principles got you to the point where you bent over and had the MOU inserted. Now you pretend that you can vanquish Parker by turning down a vote which leads to a rigged arbitration.

He's never going to take you seriously. Maybe you should show him what you think of his LBFO and go to JetBlue.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

All you no voters need to read the email that was just sent from the APA president. Maybe it will knock some sense into you.
Are you kidding ?

This is the guy that STRIPPED his own pilots of leverage with one robocall just as it was becoming effective and upsetting his pals at Centreport.

His F/O isn't any better. It's also another example of why I expect the hangover in 2020 to especially vicious to the yes voters who think anything will be different then.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: A330

Yo Birdman, don't get me wrong, a yes vote is not doom and gloom, it's just not the best course of action for the future. I am happy here working 15 days a month, I just don't want to work any more days per month and will not.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Saabs View Post
Listen, I have no problem if this gets voted in. I'll vote no, but if it gets voted in I understand am at peace with it. But your posts make u look like the most uninformed psa pilot I've ever seen.
I will become especially peaceful. Starting February 1, I won't have to concern myself with silly union claims anymore as I know we are finished then. By 2020, I'll be in a financial position to walk away if need be and so there's little to get in a twist over. I DO expect quite a melodrama as APA once again rounds up the circus for its multi-year tour that is grossly overrated and tries once again to convince the simple-minded of being capable of feats they can't deliver and another round of crushing disappointment, just like every past round.

It will actually be quite entertaining I think, but a new tack for me to become the next Texaspilot2020.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: recalled until the next round of right sizing to optimise synergies

Sure will, I have never seen a union president go along with the company before.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DCA A321 FO View Post
Yo Birdman, don't get me wrong, a yes vote is not doom and gloom, it's just not the best course of action for the future. I am happy here working 15 days a month, I just don't want to work any more days per month and will not.
Well, I think it depends on what "doom and gloom" means to any given person. I still haven't heard a game plan for any leverage in 2020 except for trading LTD and/or scope for Delta rates. For me, that's not doom and gloom. If Parker kicks the can until 2025 or longer, I can live with that too. I just don't see any point after this of playing the same old game with the same old results. I'll take fast cash then and trade scope or keep LTD and stay at Delta - 15-20%.

Either way, I'm cool with that. If someone can convince me that the same game won't be played agin, I might change my mind, but I don't see us having any weapons of leverage to bargain with. This junior and/or younger might think differently, but they'll have to carry the water next time and I think the majority of 57-64 year olds (the majority of pilots then) will prefer their own exit contract just like Keith and Neil do now.

Just my .02.........
Old 01-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Line Holder

DC-You still don't get it. This pilot group is not in a position to chart it's own future. That has been destroyed by a decade of infighting on one side and a near death experience on the other. Whether you realize it or not you are standing knee deep in a shambles during the best negotiating environment in a generation.

When you come to grips with that, you'll understand why I am so p---ed at what USAPA did. Had we shown real leadership we would have been a force to reckon with when this merger was being crafted. The MOU would have shredded the green book and replaced it with what would have been an industry leading contract from the US side. When Parker wanted AA he would have had to court the US pilots heavily - that was the last time we would have had leverage. But the east squandered that opportunity because they were too short sighted. Parker has telegraphed every move he's ever made by at least a year. USAPA preferred to pretend to be a union and tell the east pilots they were protecting them when in fact a full implementation of the Nic would have delayed their upgrades by less than 9 months an average. Thus we were relegated to irrelevance in the vote on the MOU.

If you don't like the JCBA thank Bradford, Cleary, McKee and all the east pilots that allowed the erosion of unity that enabled it's birth. Just quit pretending a NO vote gains you anything. Only unity will do that.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Line Holder

Just don't read it if you're a reserve or a person married to someone who may need medical care or an international pilot or any other "parochial" special interest.

If you're one of those you'll just get mad.

I agree with him that the only viable vote is YES, but he didn't need to remind the folks who were thrown under the bus to get it.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: recalled until the next round of right sizing to optimise synergies

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post

His F/O isn't any better. It's also another example of why I expect the hangover in 2020 to especially vicious to the yes voters who think anything will be different then.
It will be much different then... All time RECORD PROFITS will be gone, and management will be telling us not only can they not give us back any of our work rules they actually need some of the cash back as well. But in order to take as little back as possible, they could make due if they only had some more scope relief.

And the worst part is, the Internet heroes will be lining up once again to give give give all the while justifying everything with statements like "take the emotion out of it" "we will get them in 2030" etc.

I am not clairvoyant, I just look to the past. This is why it is so important for HR to do the hiring, they know exactly the type of pilot they want. they get the same results over and over again.