Skywest signing bonus

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 13 of 15
Go to
You'll probably have a 7 year upgrade. SkyWest is extremely top heavy with senior pilots. Anyone looking to join a regional airline will be much better off going to Endeavor, Compass or even Mesa. Plus the training & AQP is difficult now with a new guy at the helm of CRJ training.
Eeeewwwwww.....Barracuda
JuggdadaJuggdadaJuggdadaJuggdada Ja Ja!
It's a Heart song guys. Come on.
Unless the music stops there won't be a 7 year upgrade much longer. There's 2.5 years of no hiring and the FO that was the plug is eligible for upgrade on crj next bid. I've been here almost 4 years and I'm about 250 from upgrade on crj and moving up about 20-30 a month.
Quote: You'll probably have a 7 year upgrade. SkyWest is extremely top heavy with senior pilots. Anyone looking to join a regional airline will be much better off going to Endeavor, Compass or even Mesa. Plus the training & AQP is difficult now with a new guy at the helm of CRJ training.
Upgrades will more likely be between 3-4yrs in junior domiciles. We're almost to Emp #'s where hiring stopped for 2yrs. Then you'll see upgrades into the 40's by fall/winter.

I would NEVER recommend anyone to go to Endeavor. Remember 9E is going to 81 airframes. If upgrading is your priority, it ain't happening at 9E. Mesa, medical insurance will eat nearly 50-65% of your pay. I agree, Compass would be a good choice.
Quote: Unless the music stops there won't be a 7 year upgrade much longer. There's 2.5 years of no hiring and the FO that was the plug is eligible for upgrade on crj next bid. I've been here almost 4 years and I'm about 250 from upgrade on crj and moving up about 20-30 a month.
Assuming you want to "sit" reserve as a Capt. Movement at the bottom of the f/o list is fast, not so much on the ca list. Trust me, you don't want to sit reserve any longer than necessary, and ca reserve is a longer than newhire. You will want to quit....
Quote: Assuming you want to "sit" reserve as a Capt. Movement at the bottom of the f/o list is fast, not so much on the ca list. Trust me, you don't want to sit reserve any longer than necessary, and ca reserve is a longer than newhire. You will want to quit....
Mormon hell indeed, no booze or fornicating happening. (Thumbs down)
Quote: Mesa, medical insurance will eat nearly 50-65% of your pay. I agree, Compass would be a good choice.
If you are insuring a family of 5....

I pay $120 a month and I have full medical vision & dental....
Quote: Mormon hell indeed, no booze or fornicating happening. (Thumbs down)
How many other regionals have CAs downgrading back to f/o? More than a few at SKYW.
Quote: How many other regionals have CAs downgrading back to f/o? More than a few at SKYW.
I can see that from a SLC guy upgrading into a junior domicile and having buyers remorse. But not a person living East or in domicile downgrading.
Quote: I dont see that occurring in ANY junior domicile. I can see it happening further westward.
Happened in ORD. With hiring picking up at majors, you will see it less. Just goes to show how horrible it is to be on reserve here.
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 13 of 15
Go to