Documents for China job help!

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Thanks for all the responses, Great Idea for the stamp. However, the company I am working with wants Letters? I don't understand what a letter from a government agency or something. I already have a stamp in my logbook and my last Chief just sent me a letter stating my flight time. I have just sent this to the contracting company. I hope that they take this for now. If not, its off to Kinko's or someplace to make a rubber stamp I go!
I would assume a letter from your former chief pilot would work. That is what I got, well technically he was the former chief pilot, and that satisfied the airline. I think the only official thing you could get from the FAA regarding flight time is a copy of your last 8710. Typically they want a license verification letter and a no accident/violation letter and both of those are easy to get from the FAA.
You can also get a copy of your entire training record from the FAA. This has every check ride, recurrent, medical, etc since your private. They will email it to you.
Quote: Thanks for all the responses, Great Idea for the stamp. However, the company I am working with wants Letters? I don't understand what a letter from a government agency or something. I already have a stamp in my logbook and my last Chief just sent me a letter stating my flight time. I have just sent this to the contracting company. I hope that they take this for now. If not, its off to Kinko's or someplace to make a rubber stamp I go!
If you're going for a CL-65 job in China, ditch every other agency/company and go straight to BAA--don't deal with the contract agencies--BAA will hire you directly with no middlemen taking a cut off your checks.

Why would you go through any contract agency if they can't even walk you through the logbook certification process?
I had to get a notarized letter from my chief pilot. Then the notary had to be verified by the State. Then I had to take it to the State Department to have it authenticated. Criminal record checks and FAA reports also had to be authenticated by the State Department. Also had to have a certified translation attached to each document.
Criminal record check, embassy authenticated, is a requirement for a work visa for most countries, including the US. I never heard of that requirement from the CP.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to