Latest and greatest threads - ****?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
For any prospective Delta guys and posters in any other "Latest and greatest" threads...

FYI - APC just recently created a new button where you can start new threads.

It's pretty cool, because you can pick a topic, then ask specific questions.

This also applies to all of these "Latest and greatest" threads.

I'm actually curious about the info in the Delta, Virgin, Spirit threads, but who in their right mind has time to wade through 17,000+ posts?

Talk about thread drift, with that many posts, the same questions have probably been covered thousands of times over.

Any APC guys, why don't you just open sub groups like AA and United, where people will start multiple topics on the respective airlines, it seems to work out better that way when SWA and Delta had their own subgroups. Now I'm not sure how many people actually read these threads because they are just too big to read.

Any mods wanna do something about this in the last few years? Do the guys running APC like it this way? It seems a lot less organized than it was years ago and with all the hiring that's going on/coming up, there are a lot more people sifting through here looking for info. If I was a new guy here and I saw the thousands of posts in one individual thread, I would look elsewhere.

One thread, one topic, that's the internet etiquette which obviously hasn't been going on here.

What gives?
I read all 17000 posts on the Delta thread periodically.

Really there isn't that much drift from the main topics of Delta, Delta airplanes, DALPA, contracts, sex, industry news, sec football, Delta Financials, cars, Dpa, sex, NFL football, Delta management, sex, war movies, scope, MD-88s, scheduling, sex, PBS bidding, bad ideas, pay and permanent or advanced entitlement bids.

Anything that goes off those topics is not tolerated.
Quote: I read all 17000 posts on the Delta thread periodically.
I'm at 13,259 right now, for the fourth time...
Quote: I read all 17000 posts on the Delta thread periodically.

Really there isn't that much drift from the main topics of Delta, Delta airplanes, DALPA, contracts, sex, industry news, sec football, Delta Financials, cars, Dpa, sex, NFL football, Delta management, sex, war movies, scope, MD-88s, scheduling, sex, PBS bidding, bad ideas, pay and permanent or advanced entitlement bids.

Anything that goes off those topics is not tolerated.
This.

I'm very disappointed in Zoomie not understanding the deal.

(btw Zoomie- there are specific threads for DL hiring and so on and so forth. Remember- every thread on the majors main section will become a DL thread eventually because of the crazies that I work with)
All your threads are belong to us!

Assimilate or die!
Copy.

So for a few guys who love to post there and have the time to wade through 17000 posts, its good.

With no disrespect to you guys, you have really gone through that thread more than once?

I could make some leaps and assumptions about the use of your spare time and whether or not the time you spend wading through 17,000 posts is worth it, but I don't want to get personal.

For those lurkers that never post that would rather be able to find information when you want it rather then spending the better part of a week sifting through these beasts of threads, time to speak up, or these BS threads will continue.
Look here - Google Search
Quote: Any mods wanna do something about this in the last few years? Do the guys running APC like it this way? It seems a lot less organized than it was years ago and with all the hiring that's going on/coming up, there are a lot more people sifting through here looking for info. If I was a new guy here and I saw the thousands of posts in one individual thread, I would look elsewhere.

What gives?
After the first APC newsletter that was sent last Fall it's clear that airline pilots don't "run" APC. The slow tightening spiral continues.
I find this hilarious. I guess I'm all by myself in this way of thinking...

Why have any threads?

Why not just have one massive thread that contains all APC information?

I honestly don't care that much, it's more of a curiosity thing and a principal thing. I'm not going to waste my time wading through such large threads for the chance that there might be something I want to read. Once a thread gets over about 100 "pages" of post, it becomes a beast to wade through, and these threads are over thousands or ten thousands of posts.

I guess pilots on here would rather their Wall Street Journal was just one continuous paragraph without titles on the headlines, or no Money or Entertainment section in their USA Today. Why even break things into paragraphs for that matter.

Breaking things into topics I guess is a foreign concept here. It's all just one topic anyway, right?
Quote: I find this hilarious. I guess I'm all by myself in this way of thinking...

Why have any threads?

Why not just have one massive thread that contains all APC information?

I honestly don't care that much, it's more of a curiosity thing and a principal thing. I'm not going to waste my time wading through such large threads for the chance that there might be something I want to read. Once a thread gets over about 100 "pages" of post, it becomes a beast to wade through, and these threads are over thousands or ten thousands of posts.

I guess pilots on here would rather their Wall Street Journal was just one continuous paragraph without titles on the headlines, or no Money or Entertainment section in their USA Today. Why even break things into paragraphs for that matter.

Breaking things into topics I guess is a foreign concept here. It's all just one topic anyway, right?
Hey, you can laugh about this all you want. At your own peril.

Personally, I read the whole thread twice the night before my interview. Good thing, because the first question the panel asked (after, of course, "do you have a 4-year degree?") was, "What is your take on the SCOTUS case mentioned on page 13,069 of the L&D thread?"
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to