"Seat adjustment" charges -- fedex question.

Subscribe
I copied the following from MM's post.

EXPENSE REPORT CHANGE: Good new for our crews. Recently there was increase from $50 to $80 for "seat adjustment" charges. Until the new cap has been programmed into the system, the value will be adjusted in the expense report audit process.

Anybody know what "seat adjustment" charges are or where I can find out more information on it?

Is it an upgrade we are entitled to?

Thanks.
There is an expense category in credit cards that says seat adjustment. It is not in the contract so I am sure the company will take it away if anyone but the cool kids start using it.
I was wondering the same thing. Are they has there been a limit on Economy Plus upgrades that we didn't know about? And isn't restricted by the contract.
I don't read MM's stuff, how am I supposed to know about this? Was there and FCIF?
This is for an upgrade to a seat in the same class, for a seat with more legroom. Just use your company credit card when you check in. It will show up on your expense report as a " seat adjustment" and counts against your bank.
Quote: This is for an upgrade to a seat in the same class, for a seat with more legroom. Just use your company credit card when you check in. It will show up on your expense report as a " seat adjustment" and counts against your bank.
I figured that when I read what she wrote. However, when was there ever a written, notified limit on these expenses and was it a negotiated limit?
Thanks. Good to know. I had asked corporate travel about seat selection and fees quite a while ago when I was not assigned a seat but I could have selected one online for a fee, and they said the company would not pay, so I never did it. Guess I should have called the folks in crew travel audit. I would rather have an fcif about something like this than a bunch of others that we get that do not affect our jobs at all. Thanks again.
Quote: Thanks. Good to know. I had asked corporate travel about seat selection and fees quite a while ago when I was not assigned a seat but I could have selected one online for a fee, and they said the company would not pay, so I never did it. Guess I should have called the folks in crew travel audit. I would rather have an fcif about something like this than a bunch of others that we get that do not affect our jobs at all. Thanks again.
Or maybe we get the union to tell us if the company won't?