Tragedy Alert! Gojet Captain Slots Stolen

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Quote: I don't have any admiration for any of the Comair street captains that came in and took my seat, my money, my food, and my quality of life. Had they not taken the job, GoJet would of been forced to upgrade WITHIN by lowering their minimums. But, this was a company move and sadly enough due to the turd of a contract that was in place.
This is terrible. I can't believe any pilot would take a Captain seat from a Gojet pilot. Comair pilots, how dare you!
Talk about an ironic username in the quoted post! Go get 'em Einstein!
Thumbs up for Comair street captains. Drinks on me!

And Einstein2014, don't add "my drinks" to the list of things Comair pilots took from you. I was never going to buy you drinks.

"Get out of my seat!!!"
Hey Einstein, study some GoJet history. If you can't find it, ask a TransStates guy who had his Captain seat stolen by off-the-street GoJet pilots when GoJet was formed...he'll tell ya plenty.

What goes around...
Einstein

How did they take your seat? You didn't have the qualifications and they did. Their fore they were the most senior pilots with the qualifications. Same thing is going on at TSA and Compass with pilots that came in with low time and others coming in with 3,000-4,000 hrs.
I wouldn't put my EX wife on a plane with a captain that thinks he "deserves" a left seat with 1600 hours.
Quote: I wouldn't put my EX wife on a plane with a captain that thinks he "deserves" a left seat with 1600 hours.
feel free to put my ex wife on that plane!

Seriously, I think we will see more new hires into the left seat at regionals...it makes sense. The regionals are spending more money on training than they are on salaries at this point.

Trans States did this back in the mid 90s and it was the same issue then. They couldn't upgrade fast enough to meet demand for growth so they hired street captains. Not a single FO got displaced and they upgraded as fast as they would have either way...maybe faster.

Keep in mind they won't upgrade you if they can't fill the seat behind you anyway so hiring captains who are already experienced not only makes good business sense, it's safer too.
LOL This is going to be good. I am well aware of how their business got started...however, ironically it happened again except with another company's pilot. Yup, that place is a toilet. That's why I left; it was definitely my decision to apply there as it was to leave. So, I wonder what the good Comair guys thought about those that chose to fly their same airplanes for cheaper after they fought so hard to try and get a better quality of life? Sadly enough its a viscous circle. Glad I left a long time ago. Regardless of what others think, if you do and mean well good opportunities will present themselves in due time.
Albert Einstein - Albert Einstein Fan Art (28025082) - Fanpop

1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to