Navy IRR

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
I should clarify....

If someone did an IA on AD (5 year sanctuary clock starts), then txfrs over to FTS/SELRES, is the sanctuary still in play?
Quote: I should clarify....

If someone did an IA on AD (5 year sanctuary clock starts), then txfrs over to FTS/SELRES, is the sanctuary still in play?
At least two years (standard new ascension dwell). But I have not heard of the AD dwell (if more than two years remaining) carrying over into reserves. I doubt it would.
Quote: I should clarify....

I don't know that you get the 5:1 deferment while on AD. Plenty of folks have rolled from IAs to sea duty, then on cruise within a year even. I would say the 2 yr deferment would apply for SELRES, again, not sure if it applies to FTS.
Quote: I don't know that you get the 5:1 deferment while on AD. Plenty of folks have rolled from IAs to sea duty, then on cruise within a year even. I would say the 2 yr deferment would apply for SELRES, again, not sure if it applies to FTS.
I don't think it applies to normal sea duty, only actual IA, ie imbedded with the army in a FOB in Kandahar. Staff at C5F wouldn't count either.
Quote: I don't think it applies to normal sea duty, only actual IA, ie imbedded with the army in a FOB in Kandahar. Staff at C5F wouldn't count either.
Either way, dwell is 1:1 for AC

From OPNAVINST 3000.13D.

b. Dwell. Service goal of 1:2.0 operational deployment to dwell ratio with a minimum 1:1.0 for all AC units. Service goal of 1:5.0 and a minimum of 1:4.0 for all RC units. CNO approval is required
Quote: I don't know that you get the 5:1 deferment while on AD. Plenty of folks have rolled from IAs to sea duty, then on cruise within a year even. I would say the 2 yr deferment would apply for SELRES, again, not sure if it applies to FTS.
The sanctuary is just from another IA, not normal career progression/tasking.
I heard guys are dropping like flys to the IRR. Can anyone validate this rumor?
It's a fact. Guys in the crosshairs are given 24 hours to resign, go IRR, or take the IA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: It's a fact. Guys in the crosshairs are given 24 hours to resign, go IRR, or take the IA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the 24 hour thing you mention isn't standard across the board and maybe a VR thing? For example, commands within TSW have been directed to nominate their batting order internally and when their number comes up its a done deal. While some COs might be giving guys in their command the 24 hour grace. We are not giving our folks the option of IRR in 24 hours because all that does is screw the guy behind him in the batting order.
Quote: I think the 24 hour thing you mention isn't standard across the board and maybe a VR thing? For example, commands within TSW have been directed to nominate their batting order internally and when their number comes up its a done deal. While some COs might be giving guys in their command the 24 hour grace. We are not giving our folks the option of IRR in 24 hours because all that does is screw the guy behind him in the batting order.
Agreed, but that batting order is probably communicated to the team...and the (new) lead off hitter, and the top of the order for that matter, are saying no thank you.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to