FDX : space heaters in cockpit

Subscribe
So the fuel sense gurus want to put space heaters in the cockpit in order to reduce APU fuel burn.

Sounds dangerous to me!
if it has any odor its gone
Maybe they should give us those packets you put in in ski gloves to keep warm. Yea that's the ticket.
And why are they starting the program now? Don't think there are many cold days left, especially at some of the cities they chose.

Sounds very dangerous to me.
Quote: if it has any odor its gone
As an FO, I defer to the CA.

If I start to feel nauseous or experience hypoxia symptoms then I'M GONE and headed to the emergency room.
Maybe acceptable if we start putting chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers in the scoobie snacks.
It was one of those 100+ degree days in MEM and our APU was MEL'd. BEFORE CHECK-IN time I tried to coordinate a ground a/c cart with both Maintenance and GOC. We would, of course, also require a start cart for engine starts.

Almost 2 hours after arrival at the airplane (and countless phone calls to Maint, GOC, Ramp Tower and the Duty Officer) someone FINALLY showed up at the airplane with a start cart. We could have used that for a/c but nobody ever told us it was there.

It was so bad that the Duty Officer sent us an air conditioned Crew Bus to sit in until an a/c cart arrived!*?

I wonder of we'd have better luck getting a space heater in the middle of the summer???

Geeeezzzzzz!*?

MM

The fumes won't concern me, as the APU will be started. 3 packs should do it.
Yup...I'm not going to use the space heater because the air from the APU is so pure and clean.