EWR Ramp Slowdown...

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
We had to wait 2+ hours on just the upload of our flight today with baggage. No rampers to be seen. Eventually supervisors came out to upload it. Several other airplanes dealt with the same. Curious if this was planned previous? Been here several years and haven't seen this before...
Ramper told me point blank two days ago it was coming.
Quote: Newark ramp slowdown.
How does one know it's a slowdown, or just business as usual?
Quote: How does one know it's a slowdown, or just business as usual?
Sounds like S.N.A.F.U. to me...you did say ORD right?
Quote: How does one know it's a slowdown, or just business as usual?
Seriously, EWR rampers would have to come to a complete stop to get any slower.
ORD as well? Waited 45 minutes to get parked for an open gate the other night on the express side (UAL handled).
Time for some Chin notes and judge shopping. @ Grumble, It's actually quite amusing to watch the lengths they go to.
Quote: Time for some Chin notes and judge shopping. @ Grumble, It's actually quite amusing to watch the lengths they go to.
As much as I hate Mexico City, they always have an army waiting. It's impressive, don't think I've ever waited more than 30 seconds from parking break to ground power. EWR could learn a thing or two. Pretty sure the pay disparity is leveled by the shear number of people standing there waiting for you.

Meanwhile in EWR, you'll sit there for 5 minutes waiting for the two guys to come out, get off their phones, pick up some chocks, mosey over to their spots, etc. All the while a 737 with the APU on and a motor shut down is burning 1000 #/hr.
Rumor from my XJT buddies is the ual guys in term a are gonna be outsourced. Could be something to do with that?
A ewr agent recently told me that every time they "logon" they are seeing messages pertaining to job cuts, outsourcing etc. Therefore, they are more ****ed and unmotivated than usual.....go team.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to