Draft / Volunteer

Subscribe
How can a senior crew member justify telling a junior pilot not to fly draft when they are flying and protecting carryover trips every month?
How can a junior crew member tolerate the suggestion/pressure of not flying draft?

Captains protecting carryover, or not protecting carryover, should mind their own business. A quick reply with Bravo Mike, or Foxtrot Oscar should help shut down that conversation...

If that doesn't work - take the necessary steps to move everyone junior up a number.
Quote: How can a junior crew member tolerate the suggestion/pressure of not flying draft?

Captains protecting carryover, or not protecting carryover, should mind their own business. A quick reply with Bravo Mike, or Foxtrot Oscar should help shut down that conversation...

If that doesn't work - take the necessary steps to move everyone junior up a number.
Hmmm..... someone says something you disagree with and your plan is retort with phonetic profanity and if that doesn't work, rat them out to management?

No consideration for a more measured response?

No thoughts about possibly discussing the matter as respectful ALPA professionals?

If that failed, might I suggest ALPA professional standards as your next stop?

Well, as I began this reply, I naturally assumed you're actually an ALPA member. Based on the underlying attitude of your entire post, I'm starting to think maybe that's an incorrect assumption.
This conversation could rapidly descend into places we cannot go.

Telling any pilot to not do anything he's allowed by the CBA to do could be considered an unlawful job action, so the OP has a good point. On the other hand, he's not likely to find many cheerleaders for flying draft here, either.

Quote: How can a senior crew member justify telling a junior pilot not to fly draft when they are flying and protecting carryover trips every month?
Would it sound better coming from a junior crew member?
Judging from the fact that this is your fourth post I smell a squirrel.

Hop along back to your cubicle.
Seems like the OP had a legit question. Maybe guys don't feel the need to continually post on here. I don't think the number of post is in anyway a sign that a member isn't real or has a vested interest in what's being talked about. Maybe a lot of people just don't feel the need to comment here.

And if you are going to just dump on people without having a conversation, you will find your posts will become, pointless.
Quote: What company?
Everyone here is talking about Fiji Air Cargo. The biggest cargo operator out of Fiji. They just get sleep rooms in their cargo hub and its BIG news.
Just me, but I want the freight to go. Draft, per se, isn't a huge issue for me assuming it's combined with dropping straight time.
I, personally, am protecting min days off.
Quote: Judging from the fact that this is your fourth post I smell a squirrel.

Hop along back to your cubicle.
Also, I could have sworn it said A300 Captain in his/her tagline when he/she first posted the question. Makes you wonder why the question was asked in the first place! Maybe a company troll fishing for soundbites to use in the courtroom when they try to sue ALPA for an illegal job action