JB E190 Guys

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I jumpsat on a Jetblue 190 a couple years ago and noticed that you guys had the Sennheiser headsets and I think they were company provided. Do you guys have the two jack model or do you use the 5-pin connector on the E190? Also how do you guys like them?
It's a 5 pin connector, and they are pretty good. When I first started I brought my own headset, but I stopped pretty quickly.
I'm not a JB guy BUT US Air uses the same headset, 5 pin round plug. It's not the most comfortable headset. We have two different versions and the one with the two top bands that spread apart gets really uncomfortable after about an hour. If I didn't have enough crap to take with me already I'd use my Bose X.
Most longer hauls and above 30,000 guys go topless. Anything below that is too noisy. I agree the headset is uncomfortable.
Quote: Most longer hauls and above 30,000 guys go topless. Anything below that is too noisy. I agree the headset is uncomfortable.

In my experience at most 25% of the captains go topless. Maybe "most go topless" in your experience because you suggest it?

I hate being without a headset in cruise. It's just too loud, and I miss calls all the time.

The headsets aren't as comfortable as my telex 850, but I like not having to keep up with a headset anymore.

Worst case, fly a trip or two with the provided headsets, and buy a nice one if you don't like them. There are standard plugs in the plane, so you don't have to buy a 5 pin connector.
Quote: In my experience at most 25% of the captains go topless. Maybe "most go topless" in your experience because you suggest it?
For me it's been maybe half half where they suggest or I do. I've never had someone say no to going topless. Also, I've only flown with a handful that use their own headset.
Quote: For me it's been maybe half half where they suggest or I do. I've never had someone say no to going topless. Also, I've only flown with a handful that use their own headset.

Right. So if you stopped suggesting it would go down to about 25%. That's my experience too.
Quote: Right. So if you stopped suggesting it would go down to about 25%. That's my experience too.
But then I'd have earmuff hair! Nothing pulls panties back up faster than that!
Quote: But then I'd have earmuff hair! Nothing pulls panties back up faster than that!

Haha. Well, my wife's panties are bolted on, as far as I can tell.
A320 here
I am waiting for that awkward moment
to ask to go topless to a woman captain
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to