Notices

APA PHX Scores AGAIN!

Old 04-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: A330

the Phoenix pilots and their families have lost, and will continue to lose, millions of dollars in salary, benefits and quality of life.

Flying 330's to Europe was never in the Amercan West game plan so how can you lose what you never had?
Old 04-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by DCA A321 FO View Post
the Phoenix pilots and their families have lost, and will continue to lose, millions of dollars in salary, benefits and quality of life.

Flying 330's to Europe was never in the Amercan West game plan so how can you lose what you never had?
Yeah, exactly. Doesn't everyone in PHX have the exact same job (or better) that they would've had if HP would have stayed a separate airline? Flying narrowbodies out of PHX for a second tier airline on a second tier contract?

Wait, no, with the closure of LAS, pilots would've been furloughed instead of given the opportunity to fly flying out of East hubs. You have more pilots than you have flying and instead of getting more furloughs because of that, you were gifted some of the East flying, slowing down east hiring and movement. So, actually, you guys have it better than you would've otherwise. And no, the east/usapa/etc did not prevent you from getting a better contract. Doug would've still been your CEO and would've still made sure you were working for cheap.

If you wanted a first class job flying widebodies for a legacy making industry leading pay, the only way you were going to get that is start filling out job applications. It was never going to happen at America West and the east did nothing to "take" that from you.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Meh...

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: Nunya

It's been almost ten years..... **** up a tree!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by encore View Post
Yeah, exactly. Doesn't everyone in PHX have the exact same job (or better) that they would've had if HP would have stayed a separate airline? Flying narrowbodies out of PHX for a second tier airline on a second tier contract?

Wait, no, with the closure of LAS, pilots would've been furloughed instead of given the opportunity to fly flying out of East hubs. You have more pilots than you have flying and instead of getting more furloughs because of that, you were gifted some of the East flying, slowing down east hiring and movement. So, actually, you guys have it better than you would've otherwise. And no, the east/usapa/etc did not prevent you from getting a better contract. Doug would've still been your CEO and would've still made sure you were working for cheap.

If you wanted a first class job flying widebodies for a legacy making industry leading pay, the only way you were going to get that is start filling out job applications. It was never going to happen at America West and the east did nothing to "take" that from you.
Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah. That is almost just too dam funny to really respond to. I mean usair was dead and almost buried until Douglas offered the life boat to you at our expense. Yeah Las closed but that was AFTER the fact not prior just like the Bos closure was AFTER the fact. KPIT closed prior but you don't really want to talk about that. SWA came to Philly out of their norm for no other reason than the behead usair once and for all. SWA never counted on Douglas sending in the life rafts but again not something you care to really remember.

No I think everyone knows this thing has more than benefited you in the east while damaging careers out west but hey that's life. I have to tip my hat to you guys as never in the history of the profession has ANY pilot group EVER been able to get out of binding arbitration like you did. I does not matter in the least that you damaged careers of fellow pilots to do it so long as you can make yourself believe that what you did was the honorable thing. Now when all is finally said and done by years end the west lost no matter how it shakes out. We lost but we will forever hold our heads high because we lost to cheat and Karma is really one hell of a thing.

WD at AWA
Old 04-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: A330

Originally Posted by Wiskey Driver View Post
I mean usair was dead and almost buried until Douglas offered the life boat to you at our expense.

WD at AWA

One of the most ignorant statements of the decade.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

One of the most ignorant statements of the decade.
Some on the West will always be ungrateful that they became employees of a real airline. It helps them with their inferiority complex.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah. That is almost just too dam funny to really respond to. I mean usair was dead and almost buried until Douglas offered the life boat to you at our expense. Yeah Las closed but that was AFTER the fact not prior just like the Bos closure was AFTER the fact. KPIT closed prior but you don't really want to talk about that. SWA came to Philly out of their norm for no other reason than the behead usair once and for all. SWA never counted on Douglas sending in the life rafts but again not something you care to really remember.

No I think everyone knows this thing has more than benefited you in the east while damaging careers out west but hey that's life. I have to tip my hat to you guys as never in the history of the profession has ANY pilot group EVER been able to get out of binding arbitration like you did. I does not matter in the least that you damaged careers of fellow pilots to do it so long as you can make yourself believe that what you did was the honorable thing. Now when all is finally said and done by years end the west lost no matter how it shakes out. We lost but we will forever hold our heads high because we lost to cheat and Karma is really one hell of a thing.

WD at AWA
Uhhhhh......like "binding arbitration" has the history in the profession of working out. Take APA over TWA, for example.
You mean like we get treated like our years of service have no meaning? We'll be forever dis-unified as a pilot group. I'm not losing ANY sleep from this.
Enjoy the ride!
Old 04-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
Uhhhhh......like "binding arbitration" has the history in the profession of working out. Take APA over TWA, for example.
You mean like we get treated like our years of service have no meaning? We'll be forever dis-unified as a pilot group. I'm not losing ANY sleep from this.
Enjoy the ride!
As much as you may not want to believe it, there was no arbitration process between AA and TWA. I think their handling of that was very poor but out of those ashes rose M&B.

I would never expect a person of your very high moral character to ever lose any sleep of a matter as trivial as making a deal then not honoring it.

WD at AWA
Old 04-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Weekend workaholic

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by PurpleTurtle View Post
Some on the West will always be ungrateful that they became employees of a real airline. It helps them with their inferiority complex.
A "real" airline like USAir? Or do you mean AA? I'm curious of your definition of "real".
Old 04-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

As much as you may not want to believe it, there was no arbitration process between AA and TWA. I think their handling of that was very poor but out of those ashes rose M&B.

I would never expect a person of your very high moral character to ever lose any sleep of a matter as trivial as making a deal then not honoring it.

WD at AWA
Uhhhh.....you won't see my signature on any agreement. Just a vote.