Major Legacy, National, and LCC

The Emirates Advantage… Not just subsidies

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
But what ME3 are doing is illegal according to our agreements with them. The Bank of Boeing has never had less support in general, and with wide bodys for flush filthy rich state owned megalomaniacs in particular. Time to pull the plug.

The sad thing is you are so clueless that you would even make a statement like that. You do realize that in your rush towards protectionism, statements and positions like the above could well slit the throats of thousands of American unionized workers? You know that ones that have jobs because their companies sell products overseas with the help of Ex-Im financing. It's not just Boeing aircraft that are sold with Ex-Im financing.

Please people, do some research and reading on your own before buying ALPA's tripe:

The FACTS About EXIM Bank | EXIM.gov

Typhoonpilot
Old 05-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot View Post
The sad thing is you are so clueless that you would even make a statement like that. You do realize that in your rush towards protectionism, statements and positions like the above could well slit the throats of thousands of American unionized workers? You know that ones that have jobs because their companies sell products overseas with the help of Ex-Im financing. It's not just Boeing aircraft that are sold with Ex-Im financing.

Please people, do some research and reading on your own before buying ALPA's tripe:

The FACTS About EXIM Bank | EXIM.gov
As opposed the the EXIM's tripe?

Boeing and Obama sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G | WashingtonExaminer.com
"In fact, President Obama's export subsidy agency funneled 82.7 percent of its taxpayer-backed loan guarantees to just one exporter: Boeing. Out of $14.7 billion in long-term loan guarantees in fiscal year 2012, $12.2 billion subsidized Boeing sales, according to Ex-Im's annual report issued last week.

EXIM Bank is a tad bit controversial. This Is What Crony Capitalism Looks Like: Boeing Is Threatening to Move Abroad if It Doesn't Get to Keep Its Ex-Im Subsidies | National Review Online
Old 05-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
As opposed the the EXIM's tripe?

Boeing and Obama sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G | WashingtonExaminer.com
"In fact, President Obama's export subsidy agency funneled 82.7 percent of its taxpayer-backed loan guarantees to just one exporter: Boeing. Out of $14.7 billion in long-term loan guarantees in fiscal year 2012, $12.2 billion subsidized Boeing sales, according to Ex-Im's annual report issued last week.

EXIM Bank is a tad bit controversial. This Is What Crony Capitalism Looks Like: Boeing Is Threatening to Move Abroad if It Doesn't Get to Keep Its Ex-Im Subsidies | National Review Online

Andy:

You generally make good posts, but that one is not even close to accurate. Please go read EXIM's 2012 annual report. You'll find that their total financing was $35.8 billion, of which $11.5 billion was for aircraft and avionics. So that's 32.1%, certainly not all of which is to Boeing. In fact quite a substantial amount to Gulfstream, Textron, Sikorsky, Lockheed Martin, and General Electric.

http://www.exim.gov/sites/default/fi...nualreport.pdf

Typhoonpilot

Last edited by Typhoonpilot; 05-21-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Andy:

You generally make good posts, but that one is not even close to accurate. Please go read EXIM's 2012 annual report. You'll find that their total financing was $35.8 billion, of which $11.5 billion was for aircraft and avionics. So that's 32.1%, certainly not all of which is to Boeing. In fact quite a substantial amount to Gulfstream, Textron, Sikorsky, Lockheed Martin, and General Electric.

http://www.exim.gov/sites/default/fi...nualreport.pdf

Typhoonpilot

Quick response; I'll review the annual report, but if you're limiting the Boeing EXIM guarantees to aircraft/avionics, you're missing quite a bit of Boeing's guarantees. I'll amend my post once I review the numbers.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Typhoon,

Why do the ME3(very wealthy nations)even need ex/im funding?
Old 05-22-2015, 07:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

OK, I see on page 33 where, combining Loans + Guarantees + Insurance, you get $35.8 Billion. Of which, United Arab Emirates is the largest recipient with $3.3 Billion. Interesting that they count the US, with $4.8 Billion in guarantees - US companies aren't eligible for EXIM.

The higher number for Boeing is due to satellite sales in addition to aircraft.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by NERD View Post
Typhoon,

Why do the ME3(very wealthy nations)even need ex/im funding?
They really don't, and in fact have curtailed if not eliminated it entirely. So ALPA's attack on EXIM, if successful, could result in the loss of tens of thousands of U.S. jobs with no material affect on the airlines in question. Typical brilliant ALPA strategy.

Typhoonpilot
Old 05-22-2015, 07:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

OK, I see on page 33 where, combining Loans + Guarantees + Insurance, you get $35.8 Billion. Of which, United Arab Emirates is the largest recipient with $3.3 Billion. Interesting that they count the US, with $4.8 Billion in guarantees - US companies aren't eligible for EXIM.

The higher number for Boeing is due to satellite sales in addition to aircraft.
For the UAE I believe it was $1.2 billion between Etihad and Emirates, the rest was other.

Did you not see that Atlas Air, a U.S. company, had $864 million in there?

Typhoonpilot
Old 05-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

They really don't, and in fact have curtailed if not eliminated it entirely. So ALPA's attack on EXIM, if successful, could result in the loss of tens of thousands of U.S. jobs with no material affect on the airlines in question. Typical brilliant ALPA strategy.

Typhoonpilot
OK, now you're engaging in over exaggerations. Many of those purchases would occur with or without EXIM financing.

For the UAE I believe it was $1.2 billion between Etihad and Emirates, the rest was other.

Did you not see that Atlas Air, a U.S. company, had $864 million in there?

Typhoonpilot
I did. You understand that they aren't supposed to be eligible for EXIM loans/guarantees because they're a US company, right?

But I oppose the UAE receiving any EXIM money; they are not who the program was set up for. And I'm sure you know that.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:26 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

OK, now you're engaging in over exaggerations. Many of those purchases would occur with or without EXIM financing.

I did. You understand that they aren't supposed to be eligible for EXIM loans/guarantees because they're a US company, right?

But I oppose the UAE receiving any EXIM money; they are not who the program was set up for. And I'm sure you know that.
He#$@, it's all borrowed taxpayer money anyway, let's just have the US Government subsidize/finance all aircraft purchases to all companies, then problem solved for subsidies until...... oh the taxpayer is the one left holding the bag.