Schedules

Subscribe
Question: When it says that a person is on the 7on/7off schedule, or even the 15on/15off schedule, does that mean you fly 15 straight days, then off 15 straight days or is it broken up? Just wondering.

atp
Quote: Question: When it says that a person is on the 7on/7off schedule, or even the 15on/15off schedule, does that mean you fly 15 straight days, then off 15 straight days or is it broken up? Just wondering.

atp
Hey ATP,

It's just like it says... 7 (or 15) days on duty, then 7 (or 15 days) off duty. Pretty awesome, huh? And you don't necessarily fly all those days, you may fly though or just do hotel or FBO rot (standy).
Quote: Hey ATP,

It's just like it says... 7 (or 15) days on duty, then 7 (or 15 days) off duty. Pretty awesome, huh? And you don't necessarily fly all those days, you may fly though or just do hotel or FBO rot (standy).
I don't know of the original poster was asking about the schedules at NetJets or not (I don't know of a fractional that does 15 on/off), but if he was asking in relation to NetJets, the 15 day schedule is something else. It is up to 5 on with a minimum of 3 off and scheduled up to 15 days a month. It is usually 3 separate five day tours. The schedule isn't fixed, but you can usually get a non binding preview every month of the expected days on. I hope this helps.
To add a little, the 15 day FLEX schedule is only allowed for 10% in each fleet/seat at NJ. A new hire will most likely not be able to hold the 15 day for a few years, YMMV. I'm year nine SIC in the XL and cannot hold it. On the flip side the company can junior people to the 15 day up to 10%, but that has only happened once to a few G200 captains many years ago that I know of. I believe XOJet has a 14on/14off schedule for those basing in HNL and TM is 15/13 if you are looking for the longer tours.