Lowtime jobs in the Bay Area

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Im a commercial multi pilot just short of 300 TT.
I just moved to the bay area and im wondering if i can get any flying job without doing my CFI, which i cant afford at th moment. ..
If you're willing to move for the job, there are lots of small drop zones out there looking for full/part time pilots in 182s and 206s that often hire in the low 300s. Builds total time pretty fast at a busy DZ.
Im willing to commute. Should i show up or should i just call them?
Quote: Im a commercial multi pilot just short of 300 TT.
I just moved to the bay area and im wondering if i can get any flying job without doing my CFI, which i cant afford at th moment. ..
Might be tough without a CFI. Hollister might have some options then there is Watsonville, South County and Salinas. Those fields are a little distant from the Bay so from San Jose Northwards you've got Reid Hillview, Palo Alto and San Carlos. East Bay has Hayward and Oakland along with Livermore a little farther East. San Joaquin valley has Stockton, Modesto and a plethora more options. Get the CFI as soon as you can. Good luck.
Skydiving is in Byron - 1 hour east of the bay. Also in Lodi, 1.25 - 1.5 hours east.

Might be other places like Watsonville, Rio Vista. There is skydiving near (Woodville?), near Davis (near Sacramento).

SkyIMD - San Carlos. Does survey flying in 172's. Their idea is to be cheaper and more flexible than UAV/drones, by using a pilot. Interesting company.

Aperture Aviation - Reid Hillview (San Jose) Flies a whole bunch of 206's for aerial survey-photography. 1 week on 1 week off, they airline you to the planes. You will be all over the USA. Very well run company and well thought out operation. They say they want 500 hr mins, but who knows?

Traffic watch - forget the name, but its out of Livermore, in 172's. You may have to become familiar with the road structure of the bay area first, and the air structure, too.

Bay sightseeing tours - forget the company name, but it is out of San Carlos. Piper Archers, I believe.
Wow. Very helpful posts!
Airborne broadcast services is the name of the traffic watch outfit out of lvk. You can PM me for the contact info.
Check http://skydiverdriver.blogspot.com/

There are a several NorCal operators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm late to the party but try the skydiving outfit up at Cloverdale, CA. I knew a guy that had low time and got one flying 206s there. I tried traffic watch when I had 300 hours and they said 500 was the requirement, but this was when it was at Hayward Airport, so maybe it's different now.
Napa
Anybody familiar with IATA in NAPA?

Good outfit to work for?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to