iPad EFB tip & tricks

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I think we've all seen the assistive touch trick for using the iPad Air 2 with the clamshell Ram mount. What other easter eggs, gotchas, or shortcuts have you found on the device?
Quote: I think we've all seen the assistive touch trick for using the iPad Air 2 with the clamshell Ram mount. What other easter eggs, gotchas, or shortcuts have you found on the device?
Well....of course this is not approved for use....but, if you just turn off cell data, enable "show own ship" in the Jepp app, and leave the iPad not in airplane mode (just cell data off), the GPS will work in the Jepp app and even go to the XX-9 page on landing.

Not that I would have any first hand experience with this....

I just heard it from a friend that heard it from another dude that got it while jumpseating.......

Lee
Rumor has it that you can add any App you like while its downloading one from the approved list. Supposedly the window is open for a minute or two and you can search the store for other apps. At least, that's how it was explained to me.

Perhaps EZCCS, Yelp, Pandora, My Radar, etc.......
Quote: Rumor has it that you can add any App you like while its downloading on from the approved list. Supposedly the window is open for a minute or two and you can search the store for other apps. At least, that's how it was explained to me.
Correct. Downloading Puffin enables you to do CQDL on it.
Enroute? Now that would be an IT win!
Quote: Well....of course this is not approved for use....but, if you just turn off cell data, enable "show own ship" in the Jepp app, and leave the iPad not in airplane mode (just cell data off), the GPS will work in the Jepp app and even go to the XX-9 page on landing.

Not that I would have any first hand experience with this....

I just heard it from a friend that heard it from another dude that got it while jumpseating.......

Lee
Very big push in the school house NOT to do that. I'm currently in Denver. FYI
And why is that?
Quote: I think we've all seen the assistive touch trick for using the iPad Air 2 with the clamshell Ram mount. What other easter eggs, gotchas, or shortcuts have you found on the device?
If you use Foreflight, you can draw fun stuff on the digital charts. Smiley faces, words, middle fingers, etc.... or draw out your taxi route, I guess.
Quote: And why is that?
It's not approved by the FAA. Ask the training department if you want more details bro. I'm just saying what I was told in redoc. Call them up.
Quote: It's not approved by the FAA. Ask the training department if you want more details bro. I'm just saying what I was told in redoc. Call them up.
How would you know if it's on or not? I never received training on any of the apps, or the device itself. I had a FOSR had me the device and say "here". What UA expects me to know about the device, and what they've actually taught me are two completely different things.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to