Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
233  733  1133  1183  1223  1229  1230  1231  1232  1233  1234  1235  1236  1237  1243  1283  1333  1733  2233 
Page 1233 of 2545
Go to
From Jan 16 to Jan 17 we had a net gain of 155 pilots. That's roughly 13 per month. We are growing steadily, but you have to consider attrition as well as intake. With 14 new aricraft coming this year, that's roughly 140 pilots needed. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Quote: Does anyone have any opinion as to what all the pilots completing training in the next 3 months will be doing? As far as I can tell, we will have 60ish pilots completing training with no increase in flying until ATL opens.

From what everyone on here has been saying, they are all LGA-bound. Is the LGA flying going to increase to meet this supply or is LGA going to be having 40 more reserve lines?

Increase TDY to ATL, DTW, MSP?

Thoughts?
Based on the number of pilots who are still not using the EFB yet, and won't be for another 2-3 weeks, I would suspect we will keep the paper around thru mid to late April. But that's just a guess, haven't heard anything official.

Quote: So... are we keeping the paper charts past March 31st?
Quote: From Jan 16 to Jan 17 we had a net gain of 155 pilots. That's roughly 13 per month. We are growing steadily, but you have to consider attrition as well as intake. With 14 new aricraft coming this year, that's roughly 140 pilots needed. Seems pretty balanced to me.
Yes, I agree, but for the next 3 months it seems we will be very fat on pilots. Just wondering if the TDY will increase or where they will be going. We aren't going to have 14 new aircraft in 3 months for those 140 to fly. January, February and March were very heavy months in the training department and those pilots will hit the line in May.

14 aircraft or 100 aircraft, Daddy D still has to give you flying for them. I'm just not seeing it until we get the ATL lines in July.
Quote: Yes, I agree, but for the next 3 months it seems we will be very fat on pilots. Just wondering if the TDY will increase or where they will be going. We aren't going to have 14 new aircraft in 3 months for those 140 to fly. January, February and March were very heavy months in the training department and those pilots will hit the line in May.

14 aircraft or 100 aircraft, Daddy D still has to give you flying for them. I'm just not seeing it until we get the ATL lines in July.
TW sent an email out a few days ago and they already started a few lines out of ATL and will increase each month. As far as being fat, I would say not so much. We're still losing 20-30 a month in attrition and I doubt we will sustain this 60 a month for much longer. New pay in contract and maybe a flow or better ? Then we will fill it. I'm betting most of our classes feb/march have a lot of AW and expressjet people but we see how quick that can change.
EDV has aimed for 60 new hires a month for over a year now. They don't always hit it; in fact, I think we have only gotten there twice in recent months? Our resident MX guy can speak up (or somoene else who knows), but I believe at least one of the XJT birds are flying, maybe two by now. Last I heard, one was operational, one almost done with MX, and a third starting MX. That was a month ago I think.

We're not going to increase by all that many pilots per month in the next little bit as far as I can tell? We are already doing more ATL flying. Not sure why you think we will be "very fat" on pilots?

ATL lines are starting now, not July. The base will open in June.

Quote: Yes, I agree, but for the next 3 months it seems we will be very fat on pilots. Just wondering if the TDY will increase or where they will be going. We aren't going to have 14 new aircraft in 3 months for those 140 to fly. January, February and March were very heavy months in the training department and those pilots will hit the line in May.

Quote: EDV has aimed for 60 new hires a month for over a year now. They don't always hit it; in fact, I think we have only gotten there twice in recent months? Our resident MX guy can speak up (or somoene else who knows), but I believe at least one of the XJT birds are flying, maybe two by now. Last I heard, one was operational, one almost done with MX, and a third starting MX. That was a month ago I think.

We're not going to increase by all that many pilots per month in the next little bit as far as I can tell? We are already doing more ATL flying. Not sure why you think we will be "very fat" on pilots?

ATL lines are starting now, not July. The base will open in June.
686BR and 980EV are in service already. Saw both in JFK the other day
Quote: 686BR and 980EV are in service already. Saw both in JFK the other day
980EV is a piece of garbage....we can't even use the acars....its going to be on permanent MEL until they figure out how to operate it. The MOC doesn't even have guidance anywhere on how to operate that version of software. I flew it yesterday and was not impressed....constant issues fueling the aircraft also.
Quote: 980EV is a piece of garbage....we can't even use the acars....its going to be on permanent MEL until they figure out how to operate it. The MOC doesn't even have guidance anywhere on how to operate that version of software. I flew it yesterday and was not impressed....constant issues fueling the aircraft also.
Is it one of the units that's separate from the FMS?
Quote: 980EV is a piece of garbage....we can't even use the acars....its going to be on permanent MEL until they figure out how to operate it. The MOC doesn't even have guidance anywhere on how to operate that version of software. I flew it yesterday and was not impressed....constant issues fueling the aircraft also.
Yeah, I have the memo on ACARS and other differences for XJT birds, and the memo was totally useless to operate the ACARS. I am going to go look through other memos to see if there is something I missed, but I really try to keep up with company info. The ACARS is WAY different than what you are used to.
Quote: Is it one of the units that's separate from the FMS?
No, still hit the MCDU button if I am understanding your question. Once you're there its all Greek to me or so the saying goes.
233  733  1133  1183  1223  1229  1230  1231  1232  1233  1234  1235  1236  1237  1243  1283  1333  1733  2233 
Page 1233 of 2545
Go to