Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Search
Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: 2nd base
Default External AC Power

Speaking for the maintenance group.. I would personally advise against that procedure from the point of the ramp workers plugging/unplugging the aircraft and potentially damaging our finely tuned and maintained fleet of bombardiers finest
Old 04-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by HighFlight View Post
Flew with an LCA recently who told me we are no longer de-selecting the external AC power switch when disconnecting from ground power. Is this written somewhere? Why aren't memos put out to put such things out to the pilot group?
I fly the heavy and we are not supposed to deselect it.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default External Power

Cool... good to see our communication standard still sucks from department to department... I will let our parts peeps know to order a ****load of external power transfer contactors as we will be smoking them up on a regular basis.. no worries.. its not like they are expensive as **** and take hours to change.... oh wait.....
Old 04-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by APMechXJ View Post
Cool... good to see our communication standard still sucks from department to department... I will let our parts peeps know to order a ****load of external power transfer contactors as we will be smoking them up on a regular basis.. no worries.. its not like they are expensive as **** and take hours to change.... oh wait.....
Really? Just pushing the button will damage the AC power contactor?
Old 04-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Little bit off topic but then again whole tread is off topic.

I hope it was an accident that someone took my flight case from the JFK crew room. If you realized your mistake, just put it back where you found it.

Stealing is frowned upon.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default external power

having the switch constantly engaged in the cockpit and then the ramp workers turning on external power that may not be plugged in correctly or outputting correctly has the potential to ... a) create a power short that could.. wait for it.. kill the guy plugging it in.... b) **** up the airplane power contactor..... I could care less personally about changing a million power contactors.. but if we kill a rampee because we don't push a button anymore for ease of whatever... someone who passed a bar exam at some point in their life might have some questions to ask after someone else puts their hand on a bible... just sayin
Old 04-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by APMechXJ View Post
having the switch constantly engaged in the cockpit and then the ramp workers turning on external power that may not be plugged in correctly or outputting correctly has the potential to ... a) create a power short that could.. wait for it.. kill the guy plugging it in.... b) **** up the airplane power contactor..... I could care less personally about changing a million power contactors.. but if we kill a rampee because we don't push a button anymore for ease of whatever... someone who passed a bar exam at some point in their life might have some questions to ask after someone else puts their hand on a bible... just sayin
Do you have any evidence that plugging in external power can kill someone, or did you just pull that out of your butt like 95% of the posts on this website?
Old 04-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default external power

next time you are in dtw come to the 9e mx office and will show you the entry and exit wounds I have from 480volts going in one hand through my body and out the other.. and oh yeah.. that's right... 30 years of aircraft maintenance on my resume.. anyway.. keep your button selected and wear your hat
Old 04-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

From a MX standpoint, plugging ground power in with the APU gen on does nothing. The relay from the GP is open, and nothing flows. And if the APU gen is off, then so should everything else be in the plane, so plugging in will only draw a little power for the battery bus and battery utility bus. Unless I am missing something, I don't see it as an issue from an electrical/MX point of view.

And the GPUs don't put out 480V. And if there WERE to be a feeder fault (highly unlikely, but possible), the GCU would open the circuit immediately to prevent damage to the plane.

Feeder fault, under voltage, over voltage, under freq, as well as correct phase rotation are all features of the GCUs as I recall.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

There is no way I will leave that switch pushed in.
It has caused many issues in the past. We have never left it pushed in why would we start now and what good does it do. Nothing