Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 04-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Position: 2nd base
Default external power

the input power to gpu is 480 volts so gather yourself some additional facts and I am sure you have ata 24 on lock down so you guys select or don't select any button you feel like.. I will just be sure to let everyone in mx know to deselect in the cockpit first... It does have the potential to kill someone and damage the aircraft regardless of what Thomas Edison had to say previously... with that.. I digress
Old 04-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

If the APU GEN is on, and the switch is out, how much power flows when connecting the AGPU? What about if the switch is in?

Originally Posted by Farmlover View Post
There is no way I will leave that switch pushed in.
It has caused many issues in the past. We have never left it pushed in why would we start now and what good does it do. Nothing
Old 04-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default external power

2 senior lead mechanics.. 2 senior line mechanics and 1 avionics tech currently in the gate office.. we all agree leaving that switch permanently selected can only lead to trouble... had johnny gone to the police right away... none of this would have ever happened..... I honestly like the thread about the bow/cg having to be adjusted on the entire fleet due to efb and no more crew bags
Old 04-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Totally agree with the Mx guys on this one

Isn't this what caused the fire in pvd? The switch was left in and a bad gpu was plugged into the bird and someone left the switch in? The power would go on and off and on again over and over until bad things happened.
Could be wrong but I think that was it.

Don't leave the switch in regardless.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Sounds to me like MX and Standards needs to have a serious discussion about this then.

Last edited by HighFlight; 04-01-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by APMechXJ View Post
2 senior lead mechanics.. 2 senior line mechanics and 1 avionics tech currently in the gate office.. we all agree leaving that switch permanently selected can only lead to trouble... had johnny gone to the police right away... none of this would have ever happened..... I honestly like the thread about the bow/cg having to be adjusted on the entire fleet due to efb and no more crew bags
Yes, that is a question I have...won't the empty weight and CG need to be adjusted qhen 60-plus pounds of flight kits come out? That and eventually the Systems manual, MEL, ODH, brick....?
Old 04-01-2017, 07:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

You are likely talking about the 277/480 4-wire wye building commercial power. That power never touches the aircraft. But I'm certain you know that.

Originally Posted by APMechXJ View Post
next time you are in dtw come to the 9e mx office and will show you the entry and exit wounds I have from 480volts going in one hand through my body and out the other.. and oh yeah.. that's right... 30 years of aircraft maintenance on my resume.. anyway.. keep your button selected and wear your hat
Old 04-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

If the crew bag weight matters, then shouldn't babies? And carry on baggage? I find it amusing to hear gate agents and pilots discussing getting as many pink tag bags in the cabin as possible so that we are not over weight. It's a shell game, but only the CA will ever be blamed.

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
Yes, that is a question I have...won't the empty weight and CG need to be adjusted qhen 60-plus pounds of flight kits come out? That and eventually the Systems manual, MEL, ODH, brick....?
Old 04-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Bow/cg

we did some quick calculations in the mx gate office just now and -80lbs of flight kit moves the cg about 1"... we sent an email to the manager of inspection... ball rolling ftw.. lol
Old 04-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

When I was on the 200 I was taught to deselect the ground power switch prior to it being plugged in or removed because it had the potential to short out. Makes perfect sense with the amount of power being applied. When I moved to the 900 almost every pilot has said to leave the switch in because the 900 does not have the same "problem" as the 200.

I'm on the side of the MX guys here. If ground power is applied to the aircraft the switch should be deselected until you are ready to use it. I've ran into so many issues with bad ground power that causes the computers to go nuts and random stuff starts failing; and just like magic, if you power cycle the airplane it's fixed.