Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Search
Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Xelectro View Post
A check airman told me that Delta is working on a plan to transfer flying from compass and to shut them down. Insider info on what they did was. They have used delta do DH crew members on several occasions for their American flying, which violated their agreement with delta.
If a check airman told you then apply this formula:

Take original statement put in a blender...wait until the exact opposite comes out ...turn off blender.

You now have a better idea of what "might" happen
Old 04-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA

I've found that unless it has something to do with a change to an operating procedure/checklist, any "inside info" from a check airman is just as informed as if it came from anyone else flying the line... Experience may give minor insights but in reality they are no more in the know than a first week newhire as to fleet/base plans ect.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo

Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
I've spent 14 months commuting to NY vs at home in Detroit. I've spent barely any of that. No crash pad, I can commute in and out same day except for the rare occasion. I've cabbed twice- $30 total. Never missed a commute, it's been close but the company has gotten me there. Extensions/IROPS don't cost you money, if anything they pay you more. Headaches happen everywhere, they make pills for that. I get that it's not ideal, I'm waiting for the day I can be home based again. The thing is, no one is forcing you to do what you are doing. The bankruptcies were a raw deal. The merger was a raw deal. The current push to the northeast is a raw deal. But life goes on and you've got to make the best of it. Commute to a good line or sit reserve at home, but maybe try seeing the bright side of S$&@. There's options.
I spent quadruple that and have been burned. Extensions and IROPS COST ME MONEY. You see if can't get home that's a problem with the family. It's cost money to find a last minute babysitter.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

In other news it's nice to see TW hasn't lost his charm in trying to goad everyone into buying hats. That little blurb in the FOU was kind of patronising. If you want us to wear hats then buy them for us. Until then I am not wasting my money on them.

This whole BS about presenting a unified image over a hat is a joke. Adding the hat won't help. If you want to get serious then they'd have to get rid of the leather jackets, sweaters, and overcoats to have a single uniform across the airline. We don't have a history with the hat. Delta does.

/Rant
Old 04-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by WhiskeyKilo View Post
In other news it's nice to see TW hasn't lost his charm in trying to goad everyone into buying hats. That little blurb in the FOU was kind of patronising. If you want us to wear hats then buy them for us. Until then I am not wasting my money on them.

This whole BS about presenting a unified image over a hat is a joke. Adding the hat won't help. If you want to get serious then they'd have to get rid of the leather jackets, sweaters, and overcoats to have a single uniform across the airline. We don't have a history with the hat. Delta does.

/Rant
I whole heartedly agree. Mixed uniforms were not a good idea, and I feel that should've been taken care of in the merger. Now I wonder how many people have bought the leather jacket since then? And if the company does decide to standardize it's only fair that they compensate them for that.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Up Front

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
I whole heartedly agree. Mixed uniforms were not a good idea, and I feel that should've been taken care of in the merger. Now I wonder how many people have bought the leather jacket since then? And if the company does decide to standardize it's only fair that they compensate them for that.
It's more than just the compensation of the leather jacket or hat that is the point.

I don't want to look like Delta.

They are Delta, we are not.

They have made that abundantly clear.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Is there something wrong with being Endeavor?

There will be plenty of time to wear hats if you make it to Delta. Enjoy the relaxed regional atmosphere, unless you want to make the job something it's not. If so God bless but don't expect pilots to give a damn. Delta won't give you a flow if you wear hats everyday AND make every podium announcement possible.

Want flow and better money? Stop showing up with management to the pilot recruitment events. One or two empty classes and theyll probably toss in flow, pay, and buddy passes and S3A1 so you're in front of the retirees​.

God I can't wait to be able to ride in front of retirees. That's what i get for living in the retirement state.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by JesuitValen View Post
Is there something wrong with being Endeavor?

There will be plenty of time to wear hats if you make it to Delta. Enjoy the relaxed regional atmosphere, unless you want to make the job something it's not. If so God bless but don't expect pilots to give a damn. Delta won't give you a flow if you wear hats everyday AND make every podium announcement possible.

Want flow and better money? Stop showing up with management to the pilot recruitment events. One or two empty classes and theyll probably toss in flow, pay, and buddy passes and S3A1 so you're in front of the retirees​.

God I can't wait to be able to ride in front of retirees. That's what i get for living in the retirement state.
I just don't get it. I'm not asking to look like Delta pilots, but they own us. And it seems to me they should be able to dictate the uniform code as long as they pay for it. This is one area I feel the union crosses the line IMHO.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler

I'll buy my own hat. No problem. I'll even make podium announcements. Just give me 20% profit sharing. Done.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: 6 Train - Panhandler

"I am very proud of those who have embraced the very simple customer service concept: Do the right thing for your customers. Thank you. "

Who are our customers? And whoever's customers they are, what do we mean to them? LOL at pilotcustomerservice.