Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
340  840  1240  1290  1330  1336  1337  1338  1339  1340  1341  1342  1343  1344  1350  1390  1440  1840  2340 
Page 1340 of 2545
Go to
Quote: Thank you VERY much! I really hope it would be less than 6 months to be based in ATL, I was thinking since it's a new base it'd be easier to be based there and with there being only CRJ-200's I was thinking more senior guys in the -900's wouldn't want to step back down. Thoughts?
Jan hires were just awarded ATL on the most recent vacancy so 3-4 months is probably while the base is ramped up this year
Quote: Yeah that's probably we're I saw the 10-14. Apologies
Sorry if I'm being dense...I'm completely new to the airline world. If they have 10 of 14 lines, that means they are adding only 4 more lines the rest of this year? How many positions is that?
Quote: Sorry if I'm being dense...I'm completely new to the airline world. If they have 10 of 14 lines, that means they are adding only 4 more lines the rest of this year? How many positions is that?
That's airplane lines, not pilot lines, for what its worth.
If your answer to "Why are you choosing Endeavor?" is not "I want to be based in New York with an airline that has no career progression.", I'd suggest you look elsewhere.
Quote: If your answer to "Why are you choosing Endeavor?" is not "I want to be based in New York with an airline that has no career progression.", I'd suggest you look elsewhere.
Boy you're a helpful individual. He said ATL, asked questions about ATL, and then confirmed he'd like ATL again. Either you're humor escapes me or you're too negative to have a sane thought. Enough with the spew of negativity. Answer his question or save your sparkling wit and wisdom for the poor soul stuck next to you for four days at a time.
Quote: Sorry if I'm being dense...I'm completely new to the airline world. If they have 10 of 14 lines, that means they are adding only 4 more lines the rest of this year? How many positions is that?
When they opened it they said it would be around 100 crews. So far they have awarded 50 crews to ATL. Meaning about 50 more to go. I'd say there's a good chance you can get ATL within a few months if you start soon.
Quote: Boy you're a helpful individual. He said ATL, asked questions about ATL, and then confirmed he'd like ATL again. Either you're humor escapes me or you're too negative to have a sane thought. Enough with the spew of negativity. Answer his question or save your sparkling wit and wisdom for the poor soul stuck next to you for four days at a time.
I am being helpful by being honest. With other regionals offering what they are, we aren't the golden child​ any more. Right now, the realistic outlook is NYC and no career progression. Come upgrade, guess where you'll be right now, NYC. Who knows what happens when ATL is established. It may go senior, it may go junior, it may be a good mix.

I'd rather be bluntly honest than sell the guy Kool aid.
Quote: When they opened it they said it would be around 100 crews. So far they have awarded 50 crews to ATL. Meaning about 50 more to go. I'd say there's a good chance you can get ATL within a few months if you start soon.
Thanks very much this is very helpful.
Quote: I am being helpful by being honest. With other regionals offering what they are, we aren't the golden child​ any more. Right now, the realistic outlook is NYC and no career progression. Come upgrade, guess where you'll be right now, NYC. Who knows what happens when ATL is established. It may go senior, it may go junior, it may be a good mix.

I'd rather be bluntly honest than sell the guy Kool aid.
Green Needles, you make is sound like I would be stuck in NYC forever. In your opinion, how long would you guess getting ATL would be? If it takes a little over a year to upgrade, doesn't that mean you'd be halfway up the FO line in about a half a year? How bad is it commuting? How many days could I expect to be home? How many "commutable" lines are there? Any tricks to be home more?

Yes it makes sense with an upgrade i'd be back in NYC..but with more days off correct? I suppose that would mean being back on reserve for a while.

I'd be leaving a higher paying corporate/charter gig to come here, but being on call 24/7, hardly knowing any days off in advance, no job security (can sell the plane any time), combined with being home 10 days a month (yes I know initially I would be home even less) makes this look attractive in comparison.

As far as job progression, having time in a larger aircraft (compared to corporate) I think is invaluable experience to be gained. I think it is very hard for the majors to consider you without that kind of experience or military time.

I'm facing either being stuck in corporate forever or taking this chance to get into something different, and by all accounts it looks like there's never been a better time to go to the regionals. These kind of pay scales and upgrade times were unheard of only a few years ago. Do you disagree with that?
Quote: Green Needles, you make is sound like I would be stuck in NYC forever. In your opinion, how long would you guess getting ATL would be? If it takes a little over a year to upgrade, doesn't that mean you'd be halfway up the FO line in about a half a year? How bad is it commuting? How many days could I expect to be home? How many "commutable" lines are there? Any tricks to be home more?

Yes it makes sense with an upgrade i'd be back in NYC..but with more days off correct? I suppose that would mean being back on reserve for a while.

I'd be leaving a higher paying corporate/charter gig to come here, but being on call 24/7, hardly knowing any days off in advance, no job security (can sell the plane any time), combined with being home 10 days a month (yes I know initially I would be home even less) makes this look attractive in comparison.

As far as job progression, having time in a larger aircraft (compared to corporate) I think is invaluable experience to be gained. I think it is very hard for the majors to consider you without that kind of experience or military time.

I'm facing either being stuck in corporate forever or taking this chance to get into something different, and by all accounts it looks like there's never been a better time to go to the regionals. These kind of pay scales and upgrade times were unheard of only a few years ago. Do you disagree with that?
Expect to be in NYC at least one vacancy. You "may" get it out of training. It all depends when you go through. Commuting is rough especially if it's in and out of ATL. That place just blows to try and get on a flight to almost anywhere.
340  840  1240  1290  1330  1336  1337  1338  1339  1340  1341  1342  1343  1344  1350  1390  1440  1840  2340 
Page 1340 of 2545
Go to