Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 10-28-2016, 02:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo

Originally Posted by FODhopper View Post
AWAC is on pace to park more planes... We may be one of those "other carriers" since not all of them are time-out.
No clue why Endeavor wants more 200's. Wasn't too long ago when all we heard, 9E will be a 900 fleet only. 🤔 Liars
Old 10-28-2016, 05:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: Up Front

Originally Posted by Urbandrone View Post
These are second interviews... so 4 of thirteen people who were told no the first time redeemed themselves and now have a job with Delta. Last I checked total accepted between first and second interviews was nearly 70%. While not a flow, a huge portion of our pilot population has been accepted by Delta through this program. "Sour grapes" comes to mind when I see a post like this.
Nowhere near 70% have gone to Delta through the SSP.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by Bartok View Post
Nowhere near 70% have gone to Delta through the SSP.
Correct, much closer to 60% have been hired that interviewed through the
SSP. Around 50% on first interview then closer to 30% of those on second interview.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by msprj2 View Post
Correct, much closer to 60% have been hired that interviewed through the
SSP. Around 50% on first interview then closer to 30% of those on second interview.
No, what he's saying is less than 70% of total pilots have participated in the SSP
Old 10-28-2016, 06:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by JesuitValen View Post
No, what he's saying is less than 70% of total pilots have participated in the SSP
The original quote was a 70% pass rate not 70% of seniority list pilots.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by msprj2 View Post
The original quote was a 70% pass rate not 70% of seniority list pilots.
Depends what you're calling original, but lets be clear. There was a claim of a 70% pass rate after second interview, then a conclusion that thered be massive movement. So someone pointed out much less than 70% participated in the ssp.

If you're gonna have the conversation on your own that's fine just don't quote a post and have your conversation. It looked like a simple misunderstanding I was trying to correct you on.

For various reasons people at this company feel the need to defend and cheerlead the ssp. I hope the readers can keep in mind the obviousness that the SSP apparently needs to be defended. The ssp is over, the GIP is here now. We have no data on the GIP. On a flow we have a very clear understanding of its "pass rate".
Old 10-28-2016, 07:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by TalkTurkey View Post
Today it was stated that they will come from "other carriers" during that shindig in JFK.
I was off and couldn't make it. Any news on where exactly they were coming from? Or when we would get exact details? I'm mostly curious about where the flying will be, I'm hoping for growth anywhere outside of NYC. I'm not sure if people have realized, but SkyWest has about 15 more flights per day than us in both MSP and DTW now that we've moved to NYC.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:37 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015

I'm curious how many junior FOs with little seniority to give up are considering moves to the AA WOs. As far as the merits of the SSP and DGI, that's a horse thats been beaten beyond death. Candidates believe that we have lousy career progression compared to AA regionals. Will we see recruiting suffer or attrition? Time will tell.

Filling classes is only half of the battle. Movement off the top to the majors has to happen as well.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by JesuitValen View Post
Depends what you're calling original, but lets be clear. There was a claim of a 70% pass rate after second interview, then a conclusion that thered be massive movement. So someone pointed out much less than 70% participated in the ssp.

If you're gonna have the conversation on your own that's fine just don't quote a post and have your conversation. It looked like a simple misunderstanding I was trying to correct you on.

For various reasons people at this company feel the need to defend and cheerlead the ssp. I hope the readers can keep in mind the obviousness that the SSP apparently needs to be defended. The ssp is over, the GIP is here now. We have no data on the GIP. On a flow we have a very clear understanding of its "pass rate".
The SSP is not over and technically won't be for about 1-1.5 years, when the last CJO holder leaves. The interviews are still happening (as we speak). I would guess the GIP program will have close to 90 participation rate with a 60-70 percent success rate. But that's just a guess.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: CaptFo

[QUOTE=wmichflyer;2233223]I'm curious how many junior FOs with little seniority to give up are considering moves to the AA WOs. As far as the merits of the SSP and DGI, that's a horse thats been beaten beyond death. Candidates believe that we have lousy career progression compared to AA regionals. Will we see recruiting suffer or attrition? Time will tell.

That's the major question. I'd be willing to bet close to 97% of the top 200 wouldn't take a job offer at Delta. Numbers 200-400 95%yes. After that almost all willing to move on. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose AA WO's in a heartbeat. I have buddies heading to American early next year that we're hired around the same time at the regionals. Sure it took a long time, but in the end it worked out for them.

I know that getting a invite to Delta is a major deal. But I still scratch my head on their hiring process. Some major head scratchers were given a CJO...oh well congrats to them! But AA clearly ( In my opinion) is a much better long term deal. I don't see Delta offering a flow, even though their pilots sit in our Jumpseat's and talk about career progression, and how a solid path to Delta would open the flood gates for new hires.