Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Regional > Endeavor Air
Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor? >

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Notices
Endeavor Air Regional Airline

Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Old 11-05-2016, 03:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Avroman View Post
SkyWest is hiring...., but even they keep creeping closer and closer... first it was MSP, then IAH, now DTW...it won't be long before they too end up with that 3rd world country (LGA)
We saw skyworst in LGA this week and it was a complete sh*t show...they ruined the flow to the gate because they had no idea what they were doing. Couldn't keep up on the radio, etc....
Old 11-05-2016, 05:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

I like the nickname SkyPest better.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by whoareyou311 View Post
We saw skyworst in LGA this week and it was a complete sh*t show...they ruined the flow to the gate because they had no idea what they were doing. Couldn't keep up on the radio, etc....
Delta flying or United? I've seen them in there with a United branded 175, it's hilariously bad
Old 11-05-2016, 05:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by whoareyou311 View Post
It was like that when they first got to Detroit also. They pushed back onto Kilo. Then noticed a problem of some sort but still sent the pushback crew away. Never started the engine while trouble shooting and the line on kilo was growing behind them. They weren't answering radio calls from ground somebody else in line had to acars their dispatch to acars them. Ah, fun times
Old 11-05-2016, 05:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by 4myfamily View Post
He is just stating the truth. While the possibility is exciting - do you remember the 175 and 700 rumors from last year? Nothing came of it. Until there is an official announcement and really until the planes show up on property don't take a rumor for truth. Heck Envoy thought they were losing all their 700s but the other airline could not staff them so Envoy is still flying most of them. Let's be honest with people considering Endeavor. Great management, people, pay etc. We have enough great things to attract those that want to be based in NYC, so let's work with what have to offer new hires instead of selling rumor.
You realize I referenced that in my post you quoted right? Was it too inside baseball for you?

It's not like avroman quoted one of Higneys rumors or made something up.

Management in class has said form months now more jets next year with no number. A rumor is the thing where I say, it's boring online I'll make something up. FLow announcement next week for example.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by 4myfamily View Post
At this point you would have about 500 FOs in front of you and upgrades slowed to only 10 on the last vacancy so it will be quite awhile to get to a new hire to upgrade at that pace. No quick upgrade here anymore. Looks a lot like PSA did in 2014-15. People come expecting quick upgrade and then it stagnants. I'd only come here if you want to be based in NYC. Be careful believing advertising and recruiters. Great company but NYC is new hire destiny and upgrades will slow as all new planes have arrived and new hires from 2015 are starting to get 1000 hours 121.
You do realize the last vacancy was just a filler vacancy that came out just a month after the previous one right? There were supposed to be 4 large vacancies this year, instead there were 4 large and 1 small one.

People here, probably because of our history, are too quick to sound the alarm. The short upgrade will continue, SSPers will be leaving every month for a couple years still and even "FO" SSPers are mostly captains now.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by WMUFlyboy1 View Post
You do realize the last vacancy was just a filler vacancy that came out just a month after the previous one right? There were supposed to be 4 large vacancies this year, instead there were 4 large and 1 small one.

People here, probably because of our history, are too quick to sound the alarm. The short upgrade will continue, SSPers will be leaving every month for a couple years still and even "FO" SSPers are mostly captains now.
The only thing that could really slow down the upgrades in NYC would be us going dual qual. on the 900 and 200. Even then, they won't be more than a couple years I imagine.

I've said it before, this place will experience normal attrition to other airlines just like any other regional and this will be further bolstered by SSPers leaving in the next year (that is at least 150 more numbers) and DGIers leaving within the next 18 months (earliest possible date likely... someone correct me if I am wrong but we have people holding NYC 200 CA slots who were hired under DGI no?).

NYC becomes your constantly revolving door for at least the next 24 months and MSP/DTW stay stupid senior.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Default Need some information about NYC and EDV

I have my interview set up, and I wanted to get some information about 200/900 reserve and upgrade in both JFK and LGA.

Could someone please PM me with the following information.

1. How many lines/FO's at JFK and LGA for both 900 and 200.
2. What is the DOH for line holders at JFK and LGA for 900 and 200.
--What is the DOH that someone can consistently hold the line
3. What is the DOH for upgrade on the 900 and 200 at both domiciles.

Thanks a lot, I'm sorry to ask all these questions, and I appreciate the help/information.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by KaiserSoze View Post
I have my interview set up, and I wanted to get some information about 200/900 reserve and upgrade in both JFK and LGA.

Could someone please PM me with the following information.

1. How many lines/FO's at JFK and LGA for both 900 and 200.

2. What is the DOH for line holders at JFK and LGA for 900 and 200.

--What is the DOH that someone can consistently hold the line

3. What is the DOH for upgrade on the 900 and 200 at both domiciles.

Thanks a lot, I'm sorry to ask all these questions, and I appreciate the help/information.

JFK 900 is most junior, at least right now. I am a June 20 DOH and hold a line this month. Did a month and a half of reserve. Right now there are another 60+ JFK 900 FOs below me that are in training now. Keep in mind, when I was hired, DTW 200 was by far the most junior, but my class and the classes after have been 900 and NYC heavy. It all changes, especially with more planes coming out of the desert next year.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by nh2ri15 View Post
JFK 900 is most junior, at least right now. I am a June 20 DOH and hold a line this month. Did a month and a half of reserve. Right now there are another 60+ JFK 900 FOs below me that are in training now. Keep in mind, when I was hired, DTW 200 was by far the most junior, but my class and the classes after have been 900 and NYC heavy. It all changes, especially with more planes coming out of the desert next year.

Thanks for the reply. Can you get me the actual JFK 900 numbers?

number of lines
DOH for lowest line holder
DOH for lowest 900 Captain
THanks again, I know it is a pain to look all that up!!