Pilots with dogs

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Question for any of you dog or pet owners. I'm single with a dog. Looking to get back into the flying side of aviation (former 121). Outside of giving him to my family or standard boarding, is there anyone in a similar situation who has come up with a solution while on a trip?

Regards
Hire a pet sitter. One that will actually stay in your house with the dog while you're gone. One that is trustworthy of course. Back before our pup passed away , we had a wonderful older lady that came by while we were both gone and she took care of the dog. Not to mention the house too. She was only about $20/day.
Thanks for the feedback. I have seen the pet site rover as well as just searching for people in the area. Trying to balance cost with the obvious factor of I don't have a choice. I don't want to pass him off to family. I'm sure this will be a fun expense, especially going back to first year (most likely regional) pay.
Quote: Thanks for the feedback. I have seen the pet site rover as well as just searching for people in the area. Trying to balance cost with the obvious factor of I don't have a choice. I don't want to pass him off to family. I'm sure this will be a fun expense, especially going back to first year (most likely regional) pay.
Still cheaper than a wife.
Quote: Still cheaper than a wife.
You speak the truth.
The purpose of the wife is to take care of my kids and dog when I'm gone.
Get an independent girlfriend (ie, her own place/career) who likes dogs. She takes care of Fido while you are away.

If she wants to get married or move in?

Get an independent girlfriend.....
rover.com is a great resource. It helps you find someone, and learn a bit about them before you drop off your dog. When you find someone you like, you can just forget rover, book directly with them, and generally get a cheaper price. We pay $20 per dog, per night, and it is well worth it. Ends up costing us quite a bit, but I think it would be more to have someone come over, unless you have a neighborhood kid to do the job.
Quote: The purpose of the wife is to take care of my kids and dog when I'm gone.
You are a very brave man.
Quote: You are a very brave man.
^^^LOL....
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to