Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > Delta
Are the DALPA Yes Men trying to ensure >

Are the DALPA Yes Men trying to ensure

Notices

Are the DALPA Yes Men trying to ensure

Old 07-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Agree with the exception about attempting to withhold funds....instead read....if national alpa DOES ANYTHING LESS than provide MAXIMUM support for the delta pilot group...
Old 07-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Permanently scarred

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
DPA didn't have a stronger supporter than me. I think my first card was among the first 20. With that in mind, here's what I think our priorities should be:

1. Recall all YES voting reps...because this current rep assembly will back the current administration to the end.

2. Recall the MEC chairman and most of the entire MEC administration.

3. Re-engage with management per Section 6 of the RLA while running negotiations with professionals who have never had an affiliation with ALPA.

4. If ALPA national DARES to stick its nose in our negotiations or try to threaten us with funds withholding, immediately start the drive to replace ALPA as the bargaining agent.

5. If ALPA backs down, they get to stay on as Delta pilots' agent for world political issues. If they don't back down, they're gone.

This gives us the best of all worlds. We force ALPA to change from within by using the leverage of 12,000 Delta pilots. If they refuse, it will be the arrogant end of a union that lost its way.

Carl
Wholeheartedly agree. I juste renewed my card the day after the TA was voted to go to memrat. I'll write them and have them remove my name if DPA gets close to happening. DPA should stand down while we have this opportunity to make much needed change.