CFI as semi-retirement gig

Subscribe
Anyone in their mid-50s transition from a career to part time CFI gig? I'm considering this and have already passed the FOI and CFI-A. I'm not looking to build time, just something interesting, aviation related to do to keep busy. My major concerns are: liability, lack of any meaningful experience in anything other than spam can Pipers/Cessnas, and impatience with folks who want to be spoon fed.

I am more interested in being a free-lance CFI rather than working for a FBO or Flight Academy. Not interested in a full time job. I do have access to a rental 172 which can be used for primary flight instruction.
Quote: Anyone in their mid-50s transition from a career to part time CFI gig? I'm considering this and have already passed the FOI and CFI-A. I'm not looking to build time, just something interesting, aviation related to do to keep busy. My major concerns are: liability, lack of any meaningful experience in anything other than spam can Pipers/Cessnas, and impatience with folks who want to be spoon fed.

I am more interested in being a free-lance CFI rather than working for a FBO or Flight Academy. Not interested in a full time job. I do have access to a rental 172 which can be used for primary flight instruction.
I've heard examiners will take it easy on you because you're not trying to build time with it like the young guys. Probably depends on the examiner though.
Get a good insurance policy, or two.