KCM Changes and Cockpit Jumpseating

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Well, I went through MCO KCM yesterday in shorts, flops and a t-shirt with a full fare ticket and he did not even blink an eye.
Hope you don't have to evacuate for your feet's sake. Who the hell wears flip flops on a plane anyway, especially crew?
Quote: Hope you don't have to evacuate for your feet's sake. Who the hell wears flip flops on a plane anyway, especially crew?
Ugh sounds like it would be a long 4 day trip.
Quote: Hope you don't have to evacuate for your feet's sake. Who the hell wears flip flops on a plane anyway, especially crew?
Maybe a guy that works for a home based/gateway company that buys him regular full fare tickets back and forth to work.

As he laughs at all the other people that wear a monkey suit, look nervous in the boarding area hoping they get on their commute, jockeying for position to go beg for a ride on the JS, whatever.

All while sitting there in the boarding area, breathing a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to deal with that week in/week out, collecting his airline miles and achieving higher status, etc.
Quote: Maybe a guy that works for a home based/gateway company that buys him regular full fare tickets back and forth to work.

As he laughs at all the other people that wear a monkey suit, look nervous in the boarding area hoping they get on their commute, jockeying for position to go beg for a ride on the JS, whatever.

All while sitting there in the boarding area, breathing a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to deal with that week in/week out, collecting his airline miles and achieving higher status, etc.
Sounds dreamy.
Quote: Sounds dreamy.
This job is all about the dreamy-ness, and the glamour.
I don't miss those days at all!! The 15-min positive-space commute sure has spoiled me!!
Or just drive to work.
I work for charter company, home based kCM is great and yes it feels great to be revenue! I get a kick out of wearing flip flops,badge and walking past the TSA! Closest thing to giving them the finger!
Hahaha!
Quote: Or just drive to work.
Not always an option when you've been through multiple base closures/displacements and don't feel like picking up and moving every 15-18 months.
Quote: Not always an option when you've been through multiple base closures/displacements and don't feel like picking up and moving every 15-18 months.
I know. I forgot the cheesy little smiley face. I'm not looking forward to commuting myself at the end of the year.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to