UA 447 diversion and O2 masks???

Subscribe
Does anyone know why the O2 masks were deployed because one person wasn't feeling well. Then a few others followed. I read there was nothing wrong with the plane. Lots of social media pics and drama with pax wearing the masks. I've been trained that the only reason to deploy the masks if for decompression. If there was no decompression event ....why the masks? During one recurrent training sim session a few years ago , smoke in the cabin was being simulated. The instructor acting as Susie the F/A says " It's smokey and getting hard to breath can we have the O2 masks". I said no they are not for smoke.. The instructor said I did the right thing. Any other opinions out there???
United jet makes emergency landing at Grand Junction airport
Hypothetical: someone pukes due to turbulence, and THAT sets off a peristaltic reaction!
Quote: Hypothetical: peristaltic
Wow, two 500 point words in the same post.
Quote: Hypothetical: someone pukes due to turbulence, and THAT sets off a peristaltic reaction!
Hypothetical heck! That's a normal low-level with a plane-load of Army Airborne on the way to the drop zone!
Quote: Hypothetical heck! That's a normal low-level with a plane-load of Army Airborne on the way to the drop zone!
Amen! Especially at Benning for Airborne Basic!

After walking across the newbies knees to go back to check something on the ramp of course!
United: No issues found in plane that diverted to Grand Junction

So ***. Why deploy the masks. ???
When else are you going to get a chance to dump the masks? I say why not!

I also say they should have gone to Eagle. At least in Edwards there are some good bars/restaurants. Or stop at Costco leaving EGE and pick up a handle of Bourbon and a case of beer.
Suspected organophosphate exposure?