How to avoid the next whipsaw attempt

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Pinnacle buying Colgan. The basic thought here is that Pinnacle is going to use the non union at Colgan to go up against the unionized Pinnicle guys for new aircraft and new flying pitting you against each other in your contract negotiations. Now that Chuck Jr and the old boys are off the scene its time to get representaion for the colgan guys.

This is a classic Johny O move, see Freedom Airlines and Mesa going to China. The deal there is going to be if you don't sign my contract I'll dry lease your airplane to China and furlough you. Take 'em, I for one could use a break!

This is a time for Pinnacle and Colgan pilots to join forces. You guys did not bring this on but you will need to deal with it. Fighting with one another is exactly what the company wants. Time for some Colgan leaders to step up and get with the leaders in Pinnacles pilot group.

Any thoughts?
Yeah, this very subject has 3 threads already...
Quote: Yeah, this very subject has 3 threads already...
Whoops, I have been away for a week. Sorry. I couldn't find anything labeled toward it and didn't go down through them all.
Couldn't agree more, Grounded
colgan pilots are already working on it. I love how everyone is more concerned over colgan pilots joining them, than working on their own issues. PCL pilots, colgan pilots, and alpa have already met. THey need to get the word out to ppl or the pilot group will lose faith real quick.
I am not sure that it is everyone concerned about the colgan pilots. Its the fear of an Orenstein style screwing for the pinnacle guys. If they don't come together they will be pitted against one another and we will have a Freedom/GoJet style run around on our hands.
Quote: I am not sure that it is everyone concerned about the colgan pilots. Its the fear of an Orenstein style screwing for the pinnacle guys. If they don't come together they will be pitted against one another and we will have a Freedom/GoJet style run around on our hands.
Indeed, if there is going to be any trouble this is where it's going to be...
Quote: Indeed, if there is going to be any trouble this is where it's going to be...
so let me get this right, pcl pilots want colgan pilots to join their ranks to help and ressolve, strenghten the ranks. But, pcl pilots are more worried about the wipsaw than the fate of colgan pilots. THat is what you just posted. Is that what you are saying mr korean?
Quote: so let me get this right, pcl pilots want colgan pilots to join their ranks to help and ressolve, strenghten the ranks. But, pcl pilots are more worried about the wipsaw than the fate of colgan pilots. THat is what you just posted. Is that what you are saying mr korean?
No that is not what I posted... and no that is not what I meant...

All I was pointing out is that if the two pilot groups don't unify, then a "whippin" is inevitable. That is what I meant Mr. Dingo...
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to