Initial qual schedule?

Subscribe
Hey all,

Just trying to make a few plans for the very limited time off coming up during initial qual. I know we bid aircraft on Day 1 of Indoc, but how soon after that does the training schedule come? And how hard of a schedule is it (will I be able to plan a couple days at home right away, or is it kind of soft until a couple weeks prior?)? Or does that info depend oh the aircraft?

Thanks!
Depends on which fleet you bid and what your seniority within the class is. Some have just a few days in between indoc and the qual course, others have had weeks. New-hire classes have been less frequent in July so I'd imagine the time between would be shorter than it has been FWIW. Once you get your schedule, it's pretty firm.
You'll have a sim sched by end of 1st week... Will map out training until check.
Excellent, thanks!
Finishing up initial qual on the guppy tomorrow (hopefully). I had two weeks off between Indoc and aircraft qual. Typical aircraft qual is 5 on 2 off.
Thanks PILEOAV8TR!

Good luck tomorrow!
Anybody know the schedule over the holidays (both Denver and Houston)? I have an Oct class date and trying to figure out which days the TK will be down for Thanksgiving and Xmas/New Years (Houston). If you can help me out I owe you drinks big time!! Thanks!
Quote: Anybody know the schedule over the holidays (both Denver and Houston)? I have an Oct class date and trying to figure out which days the TK will be down for Thanksgiving and Xmas/New Years (Houston). If you can help me out I owe you drinks big time!! Thanks!
From the other thread you mentioned an Oct 20 class, expect to be done with training mid DEC if you're on the Bus. No clue what to expect for OE during the holidays.