CRJ headset

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hello all! I hope to be flying a CRJ sooner rather then later and am curious about what you friendly, knowledgable folks prefer for a CRJ Headset?!?

I've heard the David Clarke Pro-x and the Bose A20 are recommended or widely used? I've worked in a loud environment for years, so I am looking to prevent any further hearing loss... Any Thoughts or advice is appreciated!
When I flew the 700, I used the Telex 850 ANR. It's a lightweight headset based on the classic 750, but adds ANR, which works really well on this headset, considering it's a lightweight. The 700 was about as loud as a 737 up front, and SWA uses the 850 as their official company headset. In fact, I still use that headset in the Airbus, and I used to use it in the 737. No, it's not as quiet as the larger headsets like the Bose you mention, but it's significantly more comfy to wear for an extended period (in my opinion, anyway).
I'm currently using the A20s which are nice but you have to remember to turn off the ANR between legs if you aren't switching aircraft. But I plan on switch to the ufly Mike combo with the new quite comfort headphones and selling my A20s. Mainly to save space in my flight bag. The A20 case takes up way too much space.
I like the A20s. Once the new uflymike comes out I may switch to that.
I am using the A20s now on the CRJ and they work great for the most part. I guess I have been using them so long that I don't notice how heavy they are anymore but they do certainly take up a lot of room in my flight bag.

When the uflymike comes out for the QC25s I plan to switch over to them. Lighter, smaller, and can use them for music in public.
QT Halo or Clarity Aloft. Much more comfortable than even the best ANR headsets and have great audio quality and nose reduction.
I had a Bose A20 headset when I started flying the CRJ200 and I wouldn't get rid of it. The cockpit isn't too noisy but the ANR makes it so much nicer. About 3% of the pilots I've seen take off their headset above FL180. Half of those pilots wear earplugs afterwards. Most jumpseaters don't wear a headset. Moving one ear cup off to the side makes for easy conversation with any jumpseater.

Most pilots I see are wearing David Clarks, because either they had a set already or they are using the David Clarks already on the plane provided by the company. Second most would be some version of Telex and then Bose.
My regular good old fashioned David Clarks work just fine.
Bose QC15 + Uflymike is my favorite
A20 user here. Bought them early on to use for work and GA flying.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to