Avantair minimums

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Bump #2 for P-factor's questions.
I read on the "other" forum that Avantair is no longer allowing their FOs to actually fly the A/C. They are only allowed to fly empty legs that are conducted in non-congested airspace. So basically, you are applying to be a radio monkey.
Radio Monkey
It's true. Due to a recent matter of metal not staying in the form it was issued in. F/o's are not allowed to t/o and land on any rev legs or class B airports. No one is happy about it and trying to get it changed and recognized as the knee jerk reaction it is, but personally I don't think it will be changed for a long time, if ever.
How the hell do they expect you guys to gain any experience to move to the left seat? I am sure its already been said, but that is dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Quote: It's true. Due to a recent matter of metal not staying in the form it was issued in. F/o's are not allowed to t/o and land on any rev legs or class B airports. No one is happy about it and trying to get it changed and recognized as the knee jerk reaction it is, but personally I don't think it will be changed for a long time, if ever.
OK, I can sort of, kind of understand not flying pax legs if the f/os are low timers. But not flying empty in class B .

How can the f/os maintain fly enough to be proficient?

Do the passengers know this?
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to