FedEx ?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to
Anyone want to compare our failed TA to the FedEx TA?

The only detail I got (from my sister in law; a 757 Capt @ FedEx) was a 10% pay bump and that it was a 6 year contract.

If that's true, the pay aspect seems to be about where we would have been with the 8% increase. I was hoping that their deal would have raised the bar much higher.

Somewhat surprised that Gold Finger hasn't posted another FB "Rocket Surgeon" post. Maybe the wi-fi is down in the bunker...
Quote: Anyone want to compare our failed TA to the FedEx TA?

The only detail I got (from my sister in law; a 757 Capt @ FedEx) was a 10% pay bump and that it was a 6 year contract.

If that's true, the pay aspect seems to be about where we would have been with the 8% increase. I was hoping that their deal would have raised the bar much higher.

Somewhat surprised that Gold Finger hasn't posted another FB "Rocket Surgeon" post. Maybe the wi-fi is down in the bunker...
Go to the CARGO section, there is a FEDEX TA subsection thread with all the details of their TA...
the pertinent question that should be on everyones mind is.....'what did the fedex pilots give up to get alleged that 10% pay bump (and anything else positive)?'

we got 8%.....but paid dearly for it across the board.

did I mention the fedex pilots have a pension plan? you know....just like our management team?
We actually do not have a copy of the TA. What we have is bullet points without too many details, that people have been passing around. We are assuming it's the real thing, but actually we don't know that for certain. Should have the specifics this week.

Some of the things that are part of the bullet points: Six year contract, 10% raise DOS, then 3-3-3-4-3 thereafter, for a total of 26% raise by the end of the contract. 125 million bonus to be split among us (approx. 30K per pilot, but they will probably give more to capts and less to fo's). Immediate B fund raise of 1%, then another 1% in four years, to a total of 9%. No change to our pension plan.

But is this for real? Who knows, it could just be propaganda.

I don't think we gave up anything for the raise, just on first glance. Many contract improvements, but some givebacks. Not sure how it will end up playing out, but of course people are angry about any sort of giveback.
Quote:
I don't think we gave up anything for the raise, just on first glance. Many contract improvements, but some givebacks. Not sure how it will end up playing out, but of course people are angry about any sort of giveback.
Many contract improvements? I don't think so. I think is is a status quo contract with cost of living adjustments and equal number of small givebacks as small changes in our favor.
Quote: Many contract improvements? I don't think so. I think is is a status quo contract with cost of living adjustments and equal number of small givebacks as small changes in our favor.
I'll wait to see the actual version before making a qualified commentary on it, as we really have too little detail to analyze it well. However, just on browsing through it, it didn't seem like the "efficiencies" were that huge, but the improvements were significant. Of course, as a domestic captain, I am not familiar with many of the international issues. I never expected that we would only get improvements, just that we would not have to give major concessions to get them. On first look to me, it doesn't look like many givebacks for airbus pilots, but certainly we are just one group, and I am giving just one opinion.
Hmmmm......no 'trade offs' or concessions? that would be odd, as we have it on the impeccable authority of the foremost alpa experts that this would be an impossibility.

Im just waiting to hear what our boss had to give up to get that 22% pay raise he just got.......its GOT to be gigantic.
Quote: We actually do not have a copy of the TA. What we have is bullet points without too many details, that people have been passing around. We are assuming it's the real thing, but actually we don't know that for certain. Should have the specifics this week.

Some of the things that are part of the bullet points: Six year contract, 10% raise DOS, then 3-3-3-4-3 thereafter, for a total of 26% raise by the end of the contract. 125 million bonus to be split among us (approx. 30K per pilot, but they will probably give more to capts and less to fo's). Immediate B fund raise of 1%, then another 1% in four years, to a total of 9%. No change to our pension plan.

But is this for real? Who knows, it could just be propaganda.

The bonus (you say approx 30k each) is in lieu of retro pay I assume?
Quote: Hmmmm......no 'trade offs' or concessions? that would be odd, as we have it on the impeccable authority of the foremost alpa experts that this would be an impossibility.

Im just waiting to hear what our boss had to give up to get that 22% pay raise he just got.......its GOT to be gigantic.
Apparently there are people who think there must be absolutely no givebacks, none whatsoever, but that seems a stretch to me.
Quote: The bonus (you say approx 30k each) is in lieu of retro pay I assume?
Yes, it's termed a signing bonus, I believe. That is, if the info we have on that is accurate. It will never, ever, be called retro pay, though that's what it is. 125 million, divided by our methodology, to a little over 4K pilots. If memory serves me right, the last time we did this, they divided it with some sort of seat position/longevity formula. Speculation for widebody captains, I've heard people guessing between 35-50K. My guess is 40K.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to