Republic Offering $40/hr First Year Pay

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to
Quote: A pilot should NEVER EVER be paid less than the highest paid FA in the industry, period.
Is it OK that a topped out AA 190 captain makes $149 but a topped out AA makes $156?
Quote: is it ok that a topped out aa 190 captain makes $149 but a topped out fa makes $156?
Fify?
Quote: I read that Republic had submitted an offer to pilots raising first year pay to $40/hr, but that the union has refused to send it out for a vote.

What is so bad about the offer that the union won't even send it out for a vote?

I strongly believe that every regional should eventually get to $40/hr first year pay. I'm very surprised the union is throwing out a chance to make that happen.
To give new hires that extra $10 per hour, health care costs are going much higher to compensate. Smoke and mirrors.

Although I suspect you have your own agenda with that post.
Quote: Is it OK that a topped out AA 190 captain makes $149 but a topped out AA makes $156?
I would say it's not OK on the micro but thinking macro they have a one up in that those 190's you speak of are flown by mainline pilots. Apples and Oranges comparing FAs to FOs. I second the notion that a Professional Airline pilot should be compensated greater than any FA in the industry, be he/she a regional/major/legacy newhire. The requirements to self fund your myriad ratings and hours(if civilian) or service to country(military), alone support my stance IMHO.

Quote: Cujo what are Envoy's rates for the 175?
That question should never be just about "RATES". There is so much more to compensation than the straight rate. In instance, a 50 seat flyer at envoy will easily take home more money at the end of the month that a 175 pilot at RAH due to better cancellation provisions.

The true valuation of a contract should be what company gives me the most take home money and benefits for the least amount of time away from home.
Quote: Cujo what are Envoy's rates for the 175?
Short version.... the same as they were before the TA.....if the flow doesn't send at least 220 to AA each year we get to step up on the old 18 step scale. If the flow does send at least 220, you won't hit the cap before flowing.

There's more detail, but that's the short version.
These forums are rife with management stooges, trolls and people with hidden agenda's.

No way should an FA be paid more than a pilot. At the same time this isn't a pilot vs. FA argument.
Quote: BS. Last I checked, Republic doesn't require a degree and getting one's ratings is not an education.

There is nothing wrong with a senior FA (think longevity) being paid more than a regional new-hire, period.
FA'S are waitresses, and by waitress I mean the one you get mad at yourself for even leaving a tip. They serve coke, pretzels then sit down and read till the last 15 minutes of the flight, then get phone ready so they can check Facebook upon landing. If there were no FAS in the back, I'm pretty sure it'd be all right. The FA on the Hudson plane sitting in the back (the one the other 2 wouldn't speak to in all the interviews) did a great job of securing the back!!
Quote: Short version.... the same as they were before the TA.....if the flow doesn't send at least 220 to AA each year we get to step up on the old 18 step scale. If the flow does send at least 220, you won't hit the cap before flowing.

There's more detail, but that's the short version.
That's for the CA side. But you forgot to mention that is seniority based, not equipment based.

Also the FOs cannot jump from plane to plane (pay is the same doesn't matter which one you fly), so expect the 175 go Jr.
Quote: .......
Fify?
Whoops ... $156 is the top out rate for AA 757 FOs
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to