Truck Driver Shortage/Recall Tim Canoll

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/09/news/economy/truck-driver-shortage/index.html
Quote: http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/09/news/economy/truck-driver-shortage/index.html

$7000 dollars and 5 weeks of training.

And to be a pilot?

ALPA National is a joke.

Truck drivers make tens of thousands more than regional pilots.

Time to recall the ALPA president Tim Canoll. He has his, pull up the ladder.
Quote: $7000 dollars and 5 weeks of training.

And to be a pilot?

ALPA National is a joke.

Truck driver make tens of thousands more than regional pilots.

Time to recall the ALPA president Tim Canoll. He has his, pull up the laddee.
Yeah. Recall him because there is a trucker shortage! There's a nurse shortage too! Recall Tim Canoll!
Maybe if regional pilots could someday learn proper spelling and grammar, we might be taken a little more seriously.
Quote: Yeah. Recall him because there is a trucker shortage! There's a nurse shortage too! Recall Tim Canoll!
Well one is a shortage in infrastructure supply for product and people moving while the other is a shortage in sexy strippers in training. I keed!!!!
Quote: Yeah. Recall him because there is a trucker shortage! There's a nurse shortage too! Recall Tim Canoll!

His silence is deafening. 100% out of touch and a management tool.

So I take it you are ok with a truck driver with no college and the training above making $73,000 per year with 8% to 10% annual increases while a regional pilot makes $25,000 flying a $30 million dollar jet.

You can't fix stupid.
Supply & demand, how does it work?
Quote: Maybe if regional pilots could someday learn proper spelling and grammar, we might be taken a little more seriously.
Sorry for the spelling, typed on my phone.

I am not a regional pilot, I am a 30 year captain at Delta.

A regional first officer needs to start at $100,000 annually given the cost of training and education.

Fuel costs what fuel costs and pilots cost what pilots cost. Businesses still run. Goods have to be trucked all over the country. Just because a truck driver makes $73,000, companies don't just shut down. They pay the salaries.

Our regional pilots are underpaid because our union leader is in bed with management. He is fine with these low wages.
Quote: Sorry for the spelling, typed on my phone.

I am not a regional pilot, I am a 30 year captain at Delta.

A regional first officer needs to start at $100,000 annually given the cost of training and education.

Fuel costs what fuel costs and pilots cost what pilots cost. Businesses still run. Goods have to be trucked all over the country. Just because a truck driver makes $73,000, companies don't just shut down. They pay the salaries.

Our regional pilots are underpaid because our union leader is in bed with management. He is fine with these low wages.
How about you start your first officers off making 100k a year and then we can discuss scope and taking the flying back.
I don't think Walmart or UPS has a shortage of truck drivers with what they pay and benefits offered. Places like Swift have a hard time keeping drivers... Might be the pay and 28 hours of home time every 20 days. Sounds no different then the airline industry.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to