Stuck at a regional options

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Quote: Just had a Atlas Jumpseater. If you are single that might be the only time to take that job. By the time we landed I felt sorry for the guy. Wow, it was brutal.

But like I said if you were single and didn't mind not seeing your family for stretches it might be some cool flying for awhile.
Why did you feel sorry for the guy? Not everyone wants to do 5 legs per day at Piedmont.
Quote: Why did you feel sorry for the guy? Not everyone wants to do 5 legs per day at Piedmont.
Felt sorry for him because he was away from his wife and kids. Safe to say he'd easily would've traded places with me. How do I know??? He told me so.
Quote: Why did you feel sorry for the guy? Not everyone wants to do 5 legs per day at Piedmont.
Wait, so you are going from AWAC to Atlas! Congrats! We've got a few ex piedmont FO's that went over there also a few years back.
Quote: Just had a Atlas Jumpseater. If you are single that might be the only time to take that job. By the time we landed I felt sorry for the guy. Wow, it was brutal.

But like I said if you were single and didn't mind not seeing your family for stretches it might be some cool flying for awhile.
agree I turned down an ACMI job for something else...
Quote: agree I turned down an ACMI job for something else...

It's tough flying for sure. Good buddy of mine was becoming suicidal until South West finally called him. The time away from family and continuously being in different time zones he said was brutal.

The joke was looking at your company ID as a new hire then again after a few years because of how much it aged you.

Like I said however if you don't have a family and you're single it could make for some exciting flying for a year or two. I'll keep my 5 legs a day at Piedmont any day.
A guy in my new hire class at US Airways left Atlas for Republic.
Quote: A guy in my new hire class at US Airways left Atlas for Republic.
Wow, now that says a ton.
Emirates are hiring guys with way less than 5000 TT but its a similar lifestyle to that of Atlas..
Quote: Do they require 500 hours pic or is it just to get to talk to them at the job fair?
500 hours PIC is just for the job fair.

If you don't have the 500, you'll have to submit your application and hope it gets chosen or have someone work the angles for you from the inside.
Quote: Unless you're female or minority they won't hire you with 2500. Maybe allegiant but you have to go their job fair, you won't get called if you just applied online.
My friend is in training with Frontier. Regular straight white male, mid-20s, hired with 2700TT, 9xx multi, no PIC, no internals. Only went to a job fair.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to