Stuck at a regional options

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
So what are your options if you find yourself stuck at a regional unable to upgrade to captain or get on at a legacy? I hear emirates is hiring 5,000 hour guys. Also a lot of talk about china. What are some international options to look into and what are the hours they are looking for?
Truck driving school. Hope you like Golden Corral and Jerry Reed.
Quote: So what are your options if you find yourself stuck at a regional unable to upgrade to captain or get on at a legacy? I hear emirates is hiring 5,000 hour guys. Also a lot of talk about china. What are some international options to look into and what are the hours they are looking for?
Wait for PDT to start offering DEC or PSA to do it again soon.
Work on marketing yourself and hit the job fairs. LCC's are already hiring guys with 2,500 hours, but you have to learn how to market yourself and be willing to put in the work. Frontier, Jetblue, Spirit, etc. all hire guys with no PIC. It may not be the last stop in your career, but it beats being stuck at the regionals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Unless you're female or minority they won't hire you with 2500. Maybe allegiant but you have to go their job fair, you won't get called if you just applied online.
What if I identify as a female, minority, lesbian?
Quote: Unless you're female or minority they won't hire you with 2500. Maybe allegiant but you have to go their job fair, you won't get called if you just applied online.

It's an attitude thing. You probably wouldn't understand.

Quote: Work on marketing yourself and hit the job fairs. LCC's are already hiring guys with 2,500 hours, but you have to learn how to market yourself and be willing to put in the work. Frontier, Jetblue, Spirit, etc. all hire guys with no PIC. It may not be the last stop in your career, but it beats being stuck at the regionals.

This isnt accurate for Spirit. Still 4,000 TT min and 500 hours PIC 121/135 to get to a job fair, which is kind of necessary, short of having strong internals.

Just an FYI....best of luck
Quote: This isnt accurate for Spirit. Still 4,000 TT min and 500 hours PIC 121/135 to get to a job fair, which is kind of necessary, short of having strong internals.

Just an FYI....best of luck
Do they require 500 hours pic or is it just to get to talk to them at the job fair?
If you can handle the schedule, Atlas is picking up a lot of regional FO's at the moment.
Quote: If you can handle the schedule, Atlas is picking up a lot of regional FO's at the moment.

Just had a Atlas Jumpseater. If you are single that might be the only time to take that job. By the time we landed I felt sorry for the guy. Wow, it was brutal.

But like I said if you were single and didn't mind not seeing your family for stretches it might be some cool flying for awhile.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to