United seeking to add 100-seat airplane

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to
Quote: Would it be a sticking point if 100 seat captain pay is lower than wide body fo pay?
I think it might be. Another question is if it is a quick upgrade or not. Do 100 seat captains down grade to widebody FO ?
Quote: Jetblue flies the 190 with 99 seats so only 2 FA's are required.

It has 100....
I guess you guys aren't familiar with the current UPA. It specifies the E190, E195 and CS100 as the only options for the New Small Narrow Body aircraft. I don't think the number of seats installed has anything to do with it, only types. United already approached the MEC a while ago with a desire to expand the definition of NSNB to include the small Boeings and Airbii and were turned down.
Quote: It has 100....
The Republic 190s were configured to 99 seats to avoid paying the pilots more...
Yeah ok ..They did have the 737-500 at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Dude seriously? Do you follow your own industry?

Yes I do ..I'm sure you're looking up
what I said about the 737-500s on
Wikipedia ..Idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I don't think any us airline still flies the 318 or 735.
There's that one Texas airline that still operates the 737-300 and 500.

Quote: Dude seriously? Do you follow your own industry?
This is ironic coming from a guy who needed the article in the OP explained to him.

Quote: So they want regionals to fly it? Converting 50 seat slots to 100 seaters?
Quote: By Morgan Durrant, Corporate Communications

Securing a pact would bring back some flying done by regional partners on less-efficient 50-seat regional jets, the article says, and would order 100-seat aircraft from either Bombardier Inc. or Embraer SA, the story says.

Quote: The Republic 190s were configured to 99 seats to avoid paying the pilots more...
So what? This is about major/national/LCCs flying the 190. Different ballgame.
Which legacy carrier will be the first to advertise they don't outsource to ANY regional feed subcontractors at all....

It won't be AA; their idea is to offer mainline jobs to keep wages and work rules low at their owned regionals.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to