LAX crew hotel

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Any help on a decent price, safe, clean, and transportation provided commuter hotel near LAX would be appreciated. Below is the last info I saw close by LAX. Below info is a bit old, but wanted to see if any updated information and personal experiences could be provided. A hot breakfast would be a plus to.

Thanks!
Lear

"Out the door the hacienda is around $70-75, la quinta is $80, I hear the Marriott is $80. La quinta is nicer than hacienda and is a much easier shuttle to get on, marriott sells out of crew rooms pretty fast."
It depends on day of the week, season, what convention is in town, etc. I've gotten hotels as cheap as 60 and as expensive as 200. Best bet is to use a travel wite like booking.com or priceline.
Met a Skywest dude in the shuttle van area at LAS last week that jumpseated out there to bed down for the night because the hotels were either sold out or $200 in LAX.
As a fellow cheapskate, seemed like a pretty good idea to me.
Quote: Met a Skywest dude in the shuttle van area at LAS last week that jumpseated out there to bed down for the night because the hotels were either sold out or $200 in LAX.
As a fellow cheapskate, seemed like a pretty good idea to me.
I knew of an FO years ago who was stuck commuting to standups. Being too cheap to get lodging (and food apparently), he would spend his days non-revving on TRANSCONs so he had a place to lay down and free food. Back in the day, it wasn't such a bad deal...you could often get a 1C seat and hot meals even in coach.
Good information and I appreciate all the feed back from everyone. I'm actually looking for going this month. Is this busy or slow time in LAX?

Thanks again for all feedback!
Crowne plaza LAX, ask for the Delta rate. Price varies on night between 109-189. I usually got it for $129
Quote: Any help on a decent price, safe, clean, and transportation provided commuter hotel near LAX would be appreciated. Below is the last info I saw close by LAX. Below info is a bit old, but wanted to see if any updated information and personal experiences could be provided. A hot breakfast would be a plus to.

Thanks!
Lear

"Out the door the hacienda is around $70-75, la quinta is $80, I hear the Marriott is $80. La quinta is nicer than hacienda and is a much easier shuttle to get on, marriott sells out of crew rooms pretty fast."
Not sure if it's much help but I have a house just under 2 hours south of LAX in N. County SAN with a room that's empty 95% of the time if you need a place to crash. My son is off to college so it sits empty most of the time. Not really hung up on costs since I know you guys don't make squat anyway Let me know..
Quote: Crowne plaza LAX, ask for the Delta rate. Price varies on night between 109-189. I usually got it for $129
Thank you for this! I will keep them in mind when I get there.
Quote: Not sure if it's much help but I have a house just under 2 hours south of LAX in N. County SAN with a room that's empty 95% of the time if you need a place to crash. My son is off to college so it sits empty most of the time. Not really hung up on costs since I know you guys don't make squat anyway Let me know..
Thank you very much for your offer. When I go I will be there for a short amount of time. I appreciate your generosity though!
If you're renting a car watch out some of those charge to park a car.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to